Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependencies that just won't go away

Hi all.  Just had something related to this happen again that may provide a clue. Working on a different project, I created some methods for a class that didn't work so well, so I went a different direction and deleted those methods.  When I load the project, the Message classes that were built from those methods show up under Dependencies/Items in Memory.  Everything still runs fine because nothing is really calling those messages UNTIL I edit the private data of the class that originally owned the methods.  Then I get this error when trying to save the project:

AF Dependency Error Msg 15July2015.png

When I do a Find Callers for that class, there is only one item: Actor.lvclass:Receive Message.vi.  Anyone have ideas?

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,204 Views)

I can honestly say that I have never in 15 years seen a dialog like that. I have no idea where it comes from or how you triggered it. No other user, internal to NI or external, has ever reported that one. If you can replicate, please talk to an Application Engineer to get the bug reported.

Message 12 of 16
(1,204 Views)

I just got the message above:

To reproduce:

Open a project

Delete the file from disk

Try to open the file (you should get the message that the front panel can't be loaded)

Try to delete the file in the project (you should get the question if you want to save it)

Press "Save" -> The Message

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,204 Views)

Ah. I went tromping through the source code and found the dialog.

You've got a VI that was loaded into memory when you opened the project. But LV doesn't load all the information from a VI when we load it -- that would severely slow down loading. The help, icon, panel, diagram, etc, are loaded as we need them.

This is expected behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,204 Views)

To be clear: TimBotsM has expected behavior.

testingHotAir sounds like unexpected behavior still. But knowing the info from TimBotsM, does that help clarify anything about what you might have done to create this situation?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,204 Views)

This one is proving tricky to reproduce in a controlled way. Might take me awhile to get it done.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,204 Views)