Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1448

I'm experimenting with the actor framework and have run into a problem with error 1448 when I execute my code (attached). Basically it's almost an identical copy of the "Evaporative cooler hands-on", where I have a control panel and my instrument (ihr320 spectrometer) in this case. All I'm trying to accomplish at this point is to send a message to my spectrometer from my control panel, asking to retrieve a current slit width value - should be easy. I have constructed all my message classes like in the cooler example and all my inheritance seems correct, but everytime I run my top-level VI ("Open Front" in test vis folder), I get an error in my UI Panel core saying:

Error 1448:

To More Specific Class in IHR320.lvlib:Get Current Slit Width Msg.lvclass:Do.vi:1->Actor Framework.lvlib:Actor.lvclass:Actor Core.vi:1->User Interface.lvlib:UI_Panel.lvclass:Actor Core.vi:1->Actor Framework.lvlib:Actor.lvclass:Actor.vi:3->Actor Framework.lvlib:Actor.lvclass:Actor.vi.ACBRProxyCaller.28C00011

What dioes this error mean in this context? Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,004 Views)

1448 says "LabVIEW:  Bad type cast.  LabVIEW cannot treat the run-time value of this LabVIEW class as an instance of the given LabVIEW class."

You're probably sending a message whose Do.vi is casting to the wrong Actor.lvclass type before executing an actor method. Double-check all your Msg:Do.vi's.

Message 2 of 4
(4,204 Views)

Looks like you're sending messages intended for the instrument to the UI Panel actor. In the UI Panel block diagram, the self enqueuer is used for sending the "Get Current Slit" message.

Message 3 of 4
(4,204 Views)

That was my problem - forgot that the panel can't talk directly to the instrument in this case. Thanks a lot for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,204 Views)