Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find routines that use the interface

Hi, I'm a beginner to the ActorFramework I've read the official routine "Feedback Evaporative Cooler" Abstract messages are used when the dual fan actor passes the message upwards But I'm using labview2020, so is there anyone who can provide a routine that is done through an interface? The routine can be slightly cut, for example, only the simulation part is written, and the real hardware part is not required Thank you very much, I will consider any suggestions you may have
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,476 Views)

Hello Morefun,

The procedure is quite simple: You define an interface for your nested actor. In it, you create interface VIs and messages for them. Your root actor should implement this interface. This way you can send IF messages to your root without to define abstract messages and its child messages. It saves a lot of work and VIs 😉

In the attached example you will find "Mama IF".

There are also some YouTube videos available from Tom's LV Adventure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYUow2c-nCE

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,443 Views)

I'm glad to get your reply, I will study the attachments you upload carefully, thank you for your routine
I have watched all of TOM's labview tutorials and practiced it a few times with great success
His video tutorial is very good, I am very grateful to Tom for his efforts
But now I'm looking at the official routine "Feedback Evaporative Cooler"
I find I'm a little confused about the logic in the HAL vs. real hardware and emulated hardware
So I want to be able to have a "feedback evaporative cooler using only emulated hardware"
and then the nested operator is sending data to its caller via interface messages
That way it might be easier for me to understand the routine
Also, your Chinese is very interesting

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,435 Views)

Aristos Queue and I did a video on interfaces when they first came out.  I talk about the evaporative cooler example in the second half.  I look at the UI instead of the dual fan, but it works the same way.

https://vimeo.com/452198742

Message 4 of 5
(1,415 Views)

hi smith
thank you for your reply
Now I know how the interface is used
But there are still some questions about this feedback evaporative cooler
After I get this example program completely clear
I will watch your video introduction
thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5