Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas to clean up Root Actor

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks, that is helpful to see. I think I had most of it right. The part that isn't clear to me is sending an event...you would need to send the entire cluster, empty, except for the data you want to send? Does that generate any overhead?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,427 Views)

In your Stop Core case, you have your Generate Event and Destroy Event cascaded...does that create a possible situation where the event is destroyed prior to the event being handled? I simply don't know. To manage that, I made it so that the stop UE is destroyed in Actor Core after the event structure is stopped. The rest of the UE are destroyed in the Stop Core as you indicated though.

For Stop Core, I was trying to use Cluster to Array, but I guess there is no common datatype for the UE references to be cast to...unless there is perhaps another way of achieving that.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,425 Views)

Just unbundle the one particular event you are interested in sending and send that one particular event.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,418 Views)

As far as firing the stop event and then closing it, that is what NI teaches in their class and it seems to work.  Destroying the event ref simply destroys the ability to generate another  event, but the event queue created by the register events (in Actor core) will still handle the stop event.  Hope that is clear.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,416 Views)

Yes, I think I understand. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,413 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,381 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,379 Views)

The Framework looks very interesting, through it is reminiscent of when I was looking for C#/WPF MVVM examples and frameworks 😛 I think I need to bash away at a lower level first to learn a few things. I looked at the example block diagrams, and while I could understand at a high level what it was doing, I have no idea how to implement something similar on my own.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,371 Views)