ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying VIs that are actually running (was part of Re: Debugging Actors)

Hi Elijah,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, I have been study that code very carefully for the last few weeks. The code was build very specificaly for application with two child actors. I need to have create a code to copy and rename just one library with one actor, N messages, M private type-defs.

In the beginning I was very ahppy that I can see the code and I assumed that I can modify the VI. But then I found that VI is password-protected. So I am stuck. I will try to see if I can figure out myself. But I am very busy now to work on that. I wish you could provide some example code which basically do what I described:

1. Copy one library

2. The library has one actor, rename it

3. The library has N messages, rename them

4. The library has M private type-defs, rename them

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,368 Views)

SJ_Buddy wrote:

I have a little separate question. I courious if you can share source code of a VI belong to a NI supplied code to generate 2-actor AF application. The file is is "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\ProjectTemplates\Source\Core\Actor Framework\scripting\TwoTasksMetaDataObj\Rename And Move Entire Library.vi". It is password protected. I am trying to automate our AF coding. Or would you have a VI scripting code to Rename VI, class, controls, ... of a library. It would be a tremendous help for us.

No need for me to do that! 🙂 Check out this directory:

vi.lib\Utility\EditLVLibs

You'll find two VIs there that do what you need to do. And there's no password on them.

Other useful VIs may be found at

vi.lib\Utility\EditLVProj

vi.lib\Utility\LVClass

And these two VIs:

vi.lib\Utility\Apply New Library Tools-Options Settings.vi

vi.lib\Utility\Apply New VI Tools-Options Settings.vi

In case you hadn't picked up on it, vi.lib\Utility is where Darren Nattinger and I hide all the VIs that we think are both useful to customers and well enough tested that they can rely upon them but that we don't have approval to make fully supported LV features that are actually in the palettes. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,368 Views)

So, just to beat on a dead horse now that it is 2014.  How can one identify deadlocked re-entrant VI's within LabVIEW (VI's waiting on a synchronization mechanism)?  The profile tool does not seem to identify these for me.

CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,368 Views)

Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit or instrument your code to write to a log file when it starts waiting.

In related news, the DETT will be shipping as part of LabVIEW Pro for LV 2014 instead of purchased as a separate tool.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,368 Views)

GERMAN:

Hallo Zusammen,

hier einen sehr hässlichen "Würgaround" um alle "running" VIs (nicht "waiting to run") aufzuzählen, siehe Anlage (HauptVI ist das "Running_VIs_finden.vi") .

Grüße

Tanja

ENGLISH:

Hi,

here is a very, very ugly workaround to create a list of all "running" VIs (not "waiting to run"), see attechment (main VI is "Running_VIs_finden.vi").

Kind regards

Tanja

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,368 Views)