Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2015 AF PPL

Solved!
Go to solution

Excellent that seems to work.  I had always thought of this as a process of replacing AF in vi.lib instead of having the PPL exist in parrellel.  Very interesting.  Now I just have to get the paletes straightened out and I should be good.

I will try to create a document of my procedure after complete.

thank you for all of you help

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,589 Views)

You're welcome.  Glad I could help.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,589 Views)

Thanks for taking the time to so clearly and simply outline what needs to be done! (Sometimes with these threads you search through and see all these hints and allusions to the right procedure as conversation flows, and nobody takes the time like you did to lay it out straight...)

Based on the subsequent conversations, though, am I to assume the advice you would give today is the same except you would remove step (5), where it seems niACS suggests that we do not create a fork, and instead leave the original AF?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,589 Views)

I think my process is valid but it needs one additional step.(I added it above)  The last step should be to add the orginal AF back to vi.lib.  The project provider message maker won't function correctly unless the standard AF install is in vi.lib.  That being said you should expect the ini token to disapper every once and awhile.  This prevents the message maker from working correctly.  I can't figure out the rhyme or reason but mine disappears probably once a week.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-44157

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,589 Views)

Though this might be rather a PPL-building related question

PBD_ctrl schrieb:

5. Fork Actor Framework lvlib

Add AFDebug.lvlib and the classes/VIs shown above to your customized Actor Framework.lvlib.

I suppose you have added AFDebug.lvlib to your project expicitely (not in dependencies) and marked it as always included on the BuildScript --> Source Files. How did you proceed with other dependencies from vi.lib (e.g. Get LV Class Name.vi)?

I have already used an AF lvlibp in LV2013. But back then I did not have to take so much care about dependencies...

BTW... back then I also included items like the Time Delayed Message into the Actor Framework.lvlib. Though I still think, this is no clean but necessary procedure.

Cheers

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,589 Views)