From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Crashes corrupts Actor.lvclass datatype

thank you everyone for the ideas, yall have all given me something to chew on and where to start looking.

I also noticed that for some reason, periodically when I shutdown my application in the development environment during testing, that the libraries become locked, however there are no VIs running. I ran the DETT and it shows an error 1026 on Stop Core.vi when shutting down. I just looked and sure enough, the classes are locked but nothing is running.

I am including a short trace but it shows what happened when I tried closing out my application in the development environment...could this be related to my issue where the data is being corrupted?

DETT.png

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,459 Views)

Hi,

This happened to me as well, but I can't pinpoint when. I compiled my AF into an lvlibp, so it can't be changed. Everything works great with this, no crashes of this type.

However, when I wanted to check something with the uncompiled AF I discovered that the library was corrupt and priority message queue was no longer a part of the library and couldn't be found. The only fix was copying it from another machine.

Thanks,

Danielle

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”
― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,459 Views)

AQ - I've attached a ZIP file with the AF library corrupted, with Stop Core being the main error (as in, it is the highest in the error window, and the only one having a red 'X'.) It didn't happen due to a crash though. I had one project open and was just after overriding Stop Core in the root actor. I then opened a second project (to check how I had done something), but that one was broken due to a missing message class, so I closed it down. I then noticed that the original project was showing the Stop Core error.

Both projects were coded in LV2014, although LV2013 is installed on the machine.

Edit: As luck would have it, I have no way to salvage my copy, as I don't have a backed-up clean copy on this machine, or another machine to copy AF 2014 from. Is there anywhere on the NI site where I can download an identical AF version to the one that ships with LV2014?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,459 Views)

Attached is a clean version of AF 2014 32 bit. This way I'll also have a backup

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”
― Terry Pratchett
Message 14 of 17
(1,459 Views)

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that . Perfect timing, as I'm just up to start working on this new project again. Everything is working fine now with your version.

Message 15 of 17
(1,459 Views)

DMurrayIRL wrote:

AQ - I've attached a ZIP file with the AF library corrupted, with Stop Core being the main error

I can reproduce (14.0f1 32-bit) by replacing <vi.lib>\ActorFramework with your zipped version.

De-parenting and re-parenting `Stop Core.vi` seems to fix the issue (ensuring to then reset the scope properly). [Disclaimer: changing things in vi.lib is generally not recommended; ActorFramework might be a soft exception to this, since new versions are sometimes released separately from the LabVIEW release cycle]

@AQ, report sent as ec531595-fb90-4999-875c-4461e31b1b98 is related to this issue.

Message 16 of 17
(1,459 Views)

Thanks everyone for looking into this, I have not been able to reproduce it as of yet recently, I can confirm that I only have the one project open so I dont know that its a cross linking issue. I am paying much closer attention now, so if it happens again, I can confirm at what point the issue is coming up.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,459 Views)