Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Crashing on Actor Launch

Yeah. LAVA. You know, like we've all been calling it for years.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,890 Views)

Haha   I've typed lava.org (without the G) so many times wondering what was wrong

--
Patur Sivertsen Vase
www.hfjensen.dk
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,890 Views)

I always search for "LAVA labview" instead of trying to remember the URL.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,890 Views)

You probably also enter your PIN number when you go to the ATM machine

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,890 Views)

Hello all,

I have a similar issue. I'm working on a project that heavily uses AF and with source code separation, due to the fact that we use a source control software.

This is very annoying because mass compile of my project lasts a couple of hour (on i7 machine with 8Gb).

This happen with both built executable and launching the VIs in labview.

I also have the suspect thas this issue is due to the code separation, so I have tried to clean cache before compile, but with no benefit.

Sometimes the problem arises on actor launch, but some other when a message is sent. In this case it is quite simple to understand the event that generate the issue and I use a trick that work in 90% of the cases.

I start debugging the code, placing a breakpoint in the do.vi of the message generating the error, and executing steps into the message code. The problem at this point never arise and it is fixed at least on developing environment. Then, if I recompile the project again, this is a good solution also for the compiled code.

Hope this bug will be solved soon,

Daniele

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,890 Views)

We have found (thanks to Jim Grady) that clearing the Compiled Object cache fixes the type of annoying problems you are describing here (e.g. enums going to the first entry). From your project window, go to Tools>Advanced>Clear Compiled Object Cache....

Not sure how it gets corrupted, but it does. Code separation is still the way to go (imho), but clear the cache. Often. Especially prior to any important build.

fredb

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,890 Views)

AQ,

I would definitely be willing to share code. I have been working on a project with about 30-40 actors spun up at once and have been sending in the crash reports; however, the source code can not be attached due to size. I would be willing to send in code if you could get me an FTP server to dump it into.

I have had all kinds of wierd errors like the AF parent Actor Core.vi getting kicked out of the library. Removing the VI from the library in the project browser and replacing it fixes that.

On start up, there can be long pauses in execution while everything is spun up.

I was using the Sequence Diagram debugger and your AF debugger, but they have since stopped connecting to the running code and are no longer of any use.

From what David hypothesized, I can see the numerous cross-linkings getting broken and remade by the IDE getting lost.

Let me know if you want to persue this. You can email me directly at arankin at mfgautosys dot com

Thanks,

Drew

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(2,890 Views)

Hey All,

Did anyone managed to debug this issue?

I'm seeing the same on lv2014 64bit. Labview crashes on AF launch. The weird thing is that I don't remember changing anything around the startup. It just went wrong by itself.

I noticed something weird going on around the core front panel. There is a tabcontrol on it, and some controls are appearing on the wrong tab when the FP opened. I also noticed that the labview don't crash if I open up the Actor core, and click around the tabs.

I'm not a regular AF user, so it can be a real bug, but it is really annoying.

I can also share the code if you need it.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(2,890 Views)