Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Maker and AF4.1 for LV2011

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I installed AF4.1 for LV2011 (great work!) and now the message maker creates the Send method with broken arrow. Actually, I just have to replace the Enqueue VI (because of the name change in 4.1) but where could I find the code of Message Maker to make this change in a permanent way?

Thanks for your answers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,444 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ivano

I found it in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\project\Message Maker

It is easy to change the Send template to be compliant with AF4.1.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,105 Views)

Would you mind uploading the patched VI to this site and then adding a link to it on the READ THIS FIRST page?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,105 Views)

Better option: Post the source code for the VIP development project so someone in the community can update the packages with all necessary changes (and likely a few feature improvements, too). Having to download several .vi patches and add them manually is a real chore.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,105 Views)

David: You say that as if I have any of that package up to date in a distributable form. I haven't rebuilt the message maker package at all in a while because I've been working inside LV's own source directories under Perforce. I'd be building that package from scratch.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,105 Views)

So the Message Maker for LV2011 is exiled to the wasteland now that it's part of LV2012?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,105 Views)

No. That's why I asked him to post the one patched up VI. It's in the same place it was before -- the community. 🙂

In all seriousness, supporting the back port or other extensions is something I want to do, but I've only got so much spare time. I'm spending work time on the AF forums these days now that AF is an official part of LV, but its development going forward remains a side project, albeit now an officially recognized side project.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,105 Views)

I uploaded the source code in:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/13809

Message 8 of 9
(4,105 Views)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,105 Views)