Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My application does not work when built into an exe

Nice webcast!

But I think (and could well be wrong) that all of the issues you bring up are supposed to be handled/solved by the Actor Framework.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,606 Views)

SteveChandler wrote:

[Edit: tst, I just saw your reply after I posted. That sounds promising! ]

[Edit #2, Maybe this is not so promising. I am not at work so I don't have access to my code but I did try building the Simple Actor Example from the NI Week 2012 presentation. I built it with debugging disabled and it still works. It uses the show front panel feature to display actors. I have the same version of LV here as I do at work.]

Yes, but that example might have a setting which causes the FP not to be removed. I still think this is the most likely issue, as it fits all the symptoms and I don't see how adding the show FP input would allow LV to automatically keep the FP of every actor core VI. I expect you would still need to do that yourself, and the property node is the easiest and safest way I know. Just place a comment next to it saying why it's there.

No luck. I put a property node in my Actor Core override to write to the window title but that didn't help. I guess I will just leave debugging enabled as a workaround and check again with the next service pack or upgrade. The thing is that it used to work with debugging disabled. I will try again with the same code on a fresh install because I am out of ideas.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,606 Views)

How about a reference or a property to a front panel object?

Message 14 of 18
(1,606 Views)

Thanks tst and vishots! That was it. Aparently the front panel title is not a front panel object so that didn't work. I just created a value property node for my error in cluster and that did it. I know that I tried this earlier when tst first mentioned it and it didn't work. The reason it didn't work was due to a stoopid moment on my part. I had some other necessary code disabled as part of my debugging that I forgot to turn on again when I first tried the property node.

There should be a warning about this problem in the help for Launch Actor.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,606 Views)

I missed this thread when it was posted back in October... it happens... sorry. But Ben Phillips posted the same problem yesterday. I'm digging into it and may have a fix for you shortly (and by shortly I mean a week or so since this is a project that is outside my real work assignment... if you need prompter responses, please use the usual tech support route through AE).

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,606 Views)

I have posted what I believe to be a fix to this area in the other thread. Please check it out if you are having this problem and let me know. If it works, I will modify the offical AF distros and LV 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,606 Views)

Thanks for getting back to this, but I got it working using the tip from vishots. It has been working quite well and I can't check out the fix you linked to. I have unfortunately not been doing LabVIEW for a while but hopefully will be able to get back to it soon! LabVIEW is such a fun yet productive way to work.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,606 Views)