Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propose a new Icon Template for Send Message Methods

Thank you very much I will play with it.

Do you know how I can apply changes made to a parent vi icon to the descendant child that override that parent class? I know if I create a new override vi, it will have the parent's icon. What about for existing override vi where I make a change to the parent's icon, how do I apply the new changes to existing descendants override?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,207 Views)

Unfortunately, LabVIEW itself lacks this ability. Check the NI-GDS add-on... it may provide that ability... I'm still not familiar with all the bells and whistles that tool adds.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,207 Views)

D_Hooks wrote:

When you edit the class icon, any Icon Text you add is centered between the top and bottom lines in the class icon.  When you edit an individual VI's icon, you should have a bottom most layer that covers the entire area of the icon.  Any Icon Text you add to the VI will be centered between the bottom of the NI_Library layer and the bottom of the entire icon.

So, if you were to add text to the Message Template.lvclass icon below, it would appear in the yellow area, centered vertically.  If you were to add text to the Do.vi icon below, it would appear in the lower white portion centered vertically (along with the "do" image shown).

I realize that this is a bit off-topic, but is this always the case?  It seems to me that I've encountered cases where the text placement gets screwy if you do things like try to put lighter text within a darker background layer in the header and then try to add individual icon text.  I'm not sure what the threshold of light to dark is, but I see this often when I'm running out of colors for class headers and I try to make darker backgrounds with white/light text on top.

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,207 Views)

I just did some quick testing at it appears that the library layer name has to exactly match "NI_Library" or things get screwy.  I still feel like I've seen the odd behavior even when that's not the case, but I can't make it happen with LV2014 so maybe it got fixed or maybe I'm just imagining things.

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,207 Views)