Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show / Hide actor core front panel, keep in memory

I'm setting up an Actor Framework where each actor core.vi has it's own front panel UI for interacting with the actor. I want to create two methods, one that would allow me to open, the other close, the front panel of an already running actor core (not when the actor is launched or closed). I've read about "show front panel" and "hide front panel" in a method node but haven't been able to find it. Also, the nodes require references to the VI to act upon.

I'm looking for ideas on how to implement this so I can send simple messages from my application to open or close the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,999 Views)

I implemented exactly this in the coffee shop example posted here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/12560

Essentially, you make a message for the actor to toggle the front panel, a user event in the actor's private data, and an event structure on Actor Core's diagram that gets triggered in the Do method of the message.  No VI references floating around - the user interface VI toggles its own front panel visibility as commanded by the user event.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,428 Views)

Awesome, it is exactly what I need. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,428 Views)