Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

circular calls in actor framework

I am having an issue where I have setup a call layout similar to the Actor Framework Hands On, but it seems that when I try to follow that pattern, my code seems to call itself circularly.  ie, I expect to get "Initialized" once, but I keep getting it until I can figure out how to press the stop button on the Launch VI, and then I get "Stop" for as many times as it was launched.   When you call sub actors, is it necessary to always use the "Call Parent Method" or does that make it want to call itself circularly...

This is the initial Launch VI

ActorLaunch.jpg

This is the lower level Actor VI that will launch an actor:

LowerLevelActorLaunch.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,200 Views)

Your problem is that you launch the same actor in the Actor Core.vi. I would not do it this way. If you could tell us more about what you are trying to achieve, we could give better help.

This actor will exactly do what you said: it will launch copies of itself in a row without control.

Take a deeper look at it: You launch the actor which means that after the initialization, it starts the Actor Core.vi. As the Actor Core.vi contains the launcher for the same actor, it will do it all again. (and again, and again...)

Maybe you wanted to start a different actor in the Actor Core.vi? That would make sense....

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,457 Views)

Aha!  Good point.  Well, I am trying to launch an actor that has some lower level actors that will be launched. It will be like this:

Run SimStim ->

Launch Stanchion ->

Launch Stanchion 1 and Stanchion 2 ->

Stanchion 1 launches its Rotation and Translation

Stanchion 2 launches its Rotation and Translation

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,457 Views)

My mistake, sorry. You do launch a different actor. And actually that one which you mention. I don't know than what may be your problem. Sorry again, I was too fast...

Maybe if can upload the project, it's easier to find the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,457 Views)

komorbela, no problem.  I backed up the inheritance of my actors all the way to the Actor Framework for now, just to show that this works on my current project.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,457 Views)