Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANopen application running slow when built into exe

I am controlling a four axis XYZZ robot consisting of a mix of Copley control/ Linmot hardware. These axes are controlled by CANopen connected through a single port on a USB-8502 interface connected to a PC running Windows 10. 

The problem that I am having is that then the application that the attached VI:s is a part of is built into an executable the robot is running slow and halts periodically for several seconds. The CANopen read loop in the VI is still running but there are no frames read. Then suddenly quick bursts of 30 frames at once arrives. This pattern repeats with a 5-10 s period. There are no error messages, and the robot completes it intended sequence but in a very slow and uneven manner.

If the same application is run in the development system (Labview2022Q3 full) on the same computer with the same hardware the problem does not appear. The CANopen read runs smoothly with never more than 5 frames acquired at a single read and the robot moves uninterrupted.

To make it even more complicated the problem is also dependent on the actual computer model used. I am working with remotely managed PC:s from Dell and I have little influence over updates and security setting. On the slightly older models the problem does not appear but on the newer model that the company currently is issuing this problem appears. All computers that I have tested have the same windows and security configuration, but the newer models behave different.

To me this looks like some problem between the NI-XNET drivers/hardware and computer/Windows environment.

Are there any suggestions what I can try within the Labview environment or what I should look for then it comes to security, windows or computer settings?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,032 Views)