Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue to delete DTC with ADCS

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to delete DTC's using the Automotive diagnostic command set. Unfortunately I have an Issue with the "clear emission related diagnostic Information" function.

This is a part of my work:clearDTC.jpg

I'm not shure why it doesn't clear the dtc. In my Frontpanel i use for the DTCs out an array of Strings. That part works fine and it gives my the trouble codes. But it doesn't clear the error codes when i push the clear button. Is it because of the Array constant with a String in the second case structure? Does anyone has an idea to solve the issue?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,177 Views)

What are the DTCs set and what is their statuses?  Lets say I have a DTC set that is "Low Battery Voltage" because my batter is at 9V.  Sending the Clear DTCs command, won't do anything because my battery voltage is still low.  You can't clear a DTC that is active.  That's why I'm wondering what the status of the DTC is.  Is it a historic DTC?  Or is it set right now?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,154 Views)

Well I unplugged the oxygen sensor and the MAF Sensor as well to provoke an error. Then I checked the DTCs. That programm recognized the errors so it worked. I put everything togehter and checked if the errors were still there and that was the case. So I tried to clear the dtc but nothing happend unfortunately. Btw is there an other way to check if the clearing of the DTCs work? 

Greetings Kahlua 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,152 Views)

Typically I'd say perform a clear, then read it back.  If it didn't clear, then the DTCs must have been set to active.  Keep in mind that the DTC Descriptor needs to be properly set.  The default is 3 bytes for length, 1 for status, and using Motorola byte order.  This is the most common configuration but it might not be what is needed for your application.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,146 Views)

Thank you so far Hooovahh. I think i have to do it with the try and error way. I also added the dtc descriptor just in case it is why it doesnt clear.

Greetings Kahlua

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,127 Views)