Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET Linbus keep repeating the same message

Hello

I have got a fairly large LabVIEW application that is used to test devices that communicate over Linbus. We use a cDAQ and a NI 9866. In the past this has worked well. But recently we had to upgrade the hardware and one thing led to another. The chassis we upgraded to wasnt working with our old 9866, and it couldnt be upgraded firmware wise. So we got a new 9866 and a new chassis and then we upgraded to LabVIEW 2023 from 2013 since we needed new drivers which wasnt working with 2013.

The application runs as expected in most regards, but the Linbus communication is not really working as expected. When sending a message, it keeps getting repeated on the bus and received by the device which responds. When checking the code for sending a message, i can see that it sends the first message, then a second one when i send a new message. But in the log from the bus i have 20+ send + response from the first message.

When looking at a setup running the old NI9866 and LabVIEW, this does not happen.

Sadly it also breaks the functionality of the application, so i got to fix it somehow. But before i start to fiddle too much with this rather old and complex application, i wanted to check if anyone has experienced something similar? Is there any setting thats been added to the XNET driver for the newer module/driver versions? Could it be a faulty 9866?

BR

Nimgaard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(990 Views)

Which type of NI-XNET session do you use to send the messages ?

Session modes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(973 Views)

The output session is created as "Frame Out Queued". Its the master, and has EchoTx enabled.

The write function is "Frame LIN".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(950 Views)