Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring Non-Uniform Rotational Distortion (NURD)?

Hi,

I am new to this group, but not LabVIEW.  I have been using LabVIEW since version 3 up to 7.11 when I worked at Medtronic (17 years).  Then, 8.6 at an aviation company (6 months).  I now work for Stryker Sustainability Solutions and use versions 8.1 and 2010 (18 months).

I need to be able to measure NURD and was planning on using the Biomedical Startup Kit to convert the DICOM images.  But, I do not have any background in DICOM or experience in taking measurements from ultrasound systems.  Also, I just found out that there could be proprietary data embedded in the image, so converting the images could loose important data.  Does anyone have any experience with NURD?  Or, taking measurements from ultrasound systems? 

Stryker Sustainability Solutions reprocesses medical devices.  The device I need the NURD measurements is a mechanical diagnostic ultrasound catheter, the Boston Scientific Ultra ICE Catheter Model 9900 used on the iLab, Galaxy 2, Galaxy, or ClearView systems.  The plan of attack is to use Boston Scientific's latest console, the iLab.

Without any experience in ultrasound systems, I am at a big disadvantage, but hopefully someone can assist me or point me in the right direction.  I was unable to locate a medical device testing lab that could perform NURD.  I didn't define waht NURD is, with hopes that someone know abou it

Sorry for the newbie question and please let me know if I need to provide any more information.  I look forward to further discussion with the group.

Thank you,
Ben
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,587 Views)