Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Share] How to programmatically change the heart rate using Simulate ECG Express VI?

I am asked via email about "how to programmatically change the heart rate using Simulate ECG Express VI". I think it would be more beneficial to share with you all here.

1) You could right click of the Express VI and choose "Open Front Panel", then it will be converted to a standard VI. You could find an cluster input which contains the heart rate. But each time you change the heart rate, it would be better to set "initialize" to true for once to reset the internal states.

2) In the Express VI config dialog, you could change the standard deviation to a large number so that it will randomly go to your expected heart rate. I think that will be a realistic way for human being.

3) If you would like to test some devices which requires several steady heart rates signal over time (for example, 60bpm for 3 second, 80bpm for another 3 second), there is another way to do this. You could place several Simulate ECG Express VI with the heart rate and use case structure to select which one you would really to output.

In future releases of Biomedical Toolkit, we will consider to expose more parameter for ease of use.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

ZJ Gu

National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,187 Views)