0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,180 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,180 Views)

hello ZJ Gu,

Thank you for your reply.

I am new to this venue so I don't know if I am replying in the correct format for the group.  I clicked "reply" under your response to me.

So.  My monitors(medical equipment).

I have analog voltage representations of ECG, Invasive Blood pressure from our Philips MP70.  I have a SPO2 analog voltage waveform from a Masimo Radical 7.  I have up to 32 analog channels of EEG from our Nihon Kohden EEG-1200 EEG system.  Also I have Several analog voltage waveforms from our Hamamatsu NEARS monitor.  All of these are either 0-5 VDC or -8 to +8 VDC signals/.  I will be using three NI 6123 S series DAQ boards to sample an assortment of these.

In addition I have a couple serial data streams containing things like the nuemericss and alarm notifications form the Hamamatsu and the Radical 7 that I am hoping to combine into one big honkin' TDMS file.

I will also be bringing in a video signal from a  CameraLink type camera through a NI 1426 image board and putting it into my TDMS file.

At some point I need to bring the serial data stream from our Dragar Evita XL ventilators using their MEDIBUS protocol and put it into my data stream.

I would like to get the numeric data from the MP70 from its serial port but it is not easily aquired (looked at...decompiled I don't know the right word) and bring this into my TDMS file.  There is an aftermarket company in Germany that sells an application to look at this data.  I wish I could just parse it out and put it into my data stream.

I am hoping to put all this into one TDMS file and have a "viewer" application that the doctor can look at all at once.

That's the short answer

andy

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,180 Views)

Hi Andy,

A little puzzled. I think if those instruments could generate some saved files. LabVIEW may have some approach to load them and combine them into one tdms file..

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,180 Views)

ZJ GU

hello

sorry about being puzzling.

being new to Labview, I am on the road to discovery.

I need to be able to display the patient data in real-time or very close to real-time.  So my thought was to sample the analog version of whatever patient signals I could access from the monitors and display them in a sort of "monitoring/recording vi".

I will use the internal RTSI bus to sychronize my three DAQ boards and one video board.  so now I would have a lot of my signals all together and time synced.

The medical monitor Philips MP70 does indeed send out data streams.  the problem is to get waveforms, they only come out of one port at a time.  In our case they are all networked together as a system so the waveforms go to the philips central station.  I cannot get access to this in pretty close to real time.  The other output from Philips MP70 is an HL7 stream that goes to our Philips database server.  The problem here is it is only outputted to the database server in 8 hour chunks. so not real time.  the third output from the MP70 is a serial connection where I can get access at least to the numerical data (like heart rate, alarm limits etc).  but it is in some weird philips format.  I mentioned the German company that sells a software product that will read and display this data stream. It just wouldn't have the waveforms since they are being sent out the network port to the Philips central display.  hence one of my obstacles.

This only addresses  One of my monitoring devices.  each has their own set of problems which I assume everyone has run into.

so my idea is to get whatever analog versions of waveforms I could ,  sample them, put them in a TDMS file and then somehow combine the serial data streams from the NEARS monitor and the ventilator into that same TDMS file.

The other problem I have is that I do not know how to time sync this sort of process--the serial data stream my only come out every minute, or second or maybe 1/6th of a second.  I need to learn how to synchronize this with the data coming from the DAQ boards and video capture board.

it should be interesting.

By the way I appologize if I am not responding in this discussion group correctly.  I know my subject is different from the original topic.  I appoligize the rest of the group.

thanks

andy

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,180 Views)

Hi Lul

You mentioned that Getemed are able to provide a transcoder for their GTM file format.

We are using some Holter devices for research puposes and would love to be able to export the GTM file to binary or text. What is the process for obtaining the transcoder? Is there a formal request channel?

Thanks

A

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,180 Views)