Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View EEG .data extension file in LabVIEW Biomedical Toolkit? (The European Epilepsy Database)

Hi,

I'm trying to open .data extension files in the biomedical toolkit, but it does not have an option to read .data extension files. is there any way that .data extension EEG files can be viewed in the LV biomedical toolkit?  if not is there any possible way to open in labview 2013?

thank you

with kind regards,

Shak

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,390 Views)

Hi,

Could you please tell more about the file format? Currently, Biomedical Toolkit does not support a file with .data extension.

Thanks!

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,904 Views)

Hi ZJ Gu,

thank you so much for your reply. Fortunately, I was able to convert the .data extension file to .edf file using NI DIAdem  and use this converted file directly in LV Biomedical Toolkit

thank you

with kind regards,

Shakir

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,904 Views)

Good to hear that you have this workaround. If DIAdem works for this file format, it would be possible to support it directly in Biomedical Toolkit in future.

Could you please share some sample data with us? You could send to biomed.toolkit@ni.com if you don't want to share here.

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,904 Views)

Dear ZJ Gu,

Thank you for your reply ...The .data format EEG seizure files which I have to converted is found at http://epilepsy-database.eu/  . I have attached a sample (100102_0050.data) file and its header (100102_0050.head) file.

Since DIAdem does not understand this type of  EEG .data format, I have to do a little bit of pre-conversion in MATLAB  so that  .edf file can be obtained using DIAdem based on the header file specifications of the EEG signals. Below are the steps used for converting the  .data file to .edf format:

1. Create a folder “sample” in D drive of your PC.
  2. Copy all the files into “sample” folder (matlab_code_data_to_csv.m , 100102_0050.data , 100102_0050.head , data_edf_converter.VBS )
  3. Run the Matlab program(matlab_code_data_to_csv.m) , which converts the .data file into .csv file  ,which is in accordance to the specifications in the header file (100102_0050.head)
  4. Run the DIAdem automation script (data_edf_converter.VBS), which converts the 100102_0050.csv file to 100102_0050.edf file.
  5. Open the file in Biomedical Workbench-Viewer.

Now you will get the .edf file which can be used in LabVIEW biomedical toolkit/Express VI for EEG analysis.

This is a sample conversion; further to this you can create the script to convert the whole bunch of .data files to .edf using DIADem.

I hope this helped for conversion. thank you

with kind Regards,

Mohamed Shakir

LabVIEW CLAD Developer

Qatar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,904 Views)

Hi Mohamed,

Very helpful information. And I think it is also a good share for other users if he would like to use this kind of data in LabVIEW and Biomedical Toolkit.

We will write it down and consider it when we discuss the new features for future release.

Thanks!

ZJ Gu

Message 6 of 7
(4,904 Views)

Dear ZJ Gu,

Thank you

With kind regards,

Mohamed Shakir

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,904 Views)