BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Builder Problem

Question on application builder -

The project I've got has worked before with it just fine, it was able to combine all of the subvi's into one exe file.  Handy feature...all the sudden it no longer works and I think I know why - I'm just not sure how to fix it.

The exe that is compiled still work, however the "subvi" for 4 menu items that are new do not work after compiled.  The buttons when pushed popup windows.  Well when I run the program in labview with the little arrow they work perfectly.  As an exe they don't.  Attached is a picture of how i'm handling the popup feature and how I handled the references to them.  Since I'm using a VI reference where I had to fill in a location of the files could that be the problem?  What makes me wonder though, is when compiled it shouldn't change the vi path thats listed, and those files haven't moved...

Tried putting them all as support files in the application builder but that didn't correct the problem either.
LV7.1, LV8.5, LV2014/15/16
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,627 Views)

First of all, you posted this question to the wrong forum. You should have posted it to the LabVIEW board.

Second, how are you getting the paths for the subVIs? At any time do you use Current VI's Path, Strip Path, Build Path? Paths do change when you build an exe. If you have a VI in development mode that has a path c:\folder\example.vi, when built it is c:\folder\example.exe\example.vi. This is a very common mistake that beginners make.

Third, you have not wired up a single error in/error out connection in the piece of code that you posted. Do that and perform some basic error checking so that you can see what error code is being generated.

Message 2 of 4
(4,617 Views)
Yikes bud feels like I need to apologize for all 3 items you called me on.  I'll repost on the labview boards...people are more polite over there.
LV7.1, LV8.5, LV2014/15/16
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,614 Views)
You should apologize and I expect you'll get the same remarks on the LabView board. The path problem is common - every one seems to make it when they first build an application. I wasn't trying to slam you over that. The lack of the error wires is just sloppy programming though. You have to fix that.
Message 4 of 4
(4,610 Views)