BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug thread discussion

Add me to the "suckers" list. I even checked-off Kudoed that post thinking it was in the bug thread.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 41 of 44
(4,798 Views)

Wwww--ooohhhhhh...  😞

What the heck happened..

I was sure I was in the bugs thread.  Thanks Saverio for pointing that out.

I will post in the appropriate thread..

PS: Ben, always appreciate the kudos 😉

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 44
(4,765 Views)

I like the short rules in the first message of every monthly bug thread. But I have still some questions:

• When should I put a link in a thread? When the bug got a CAR? Or when the bug is confirmed?
  • What is the official state of this thread? Does NI use it?
  • Can I report a bug in the forum and NI will pick it up? Should I tag it with "bug"? 

Maybe a link could be included in the first message of the monthly bug thread. The name could be "About Monthly Thread". It would link to a message telling some basics about this threads. (When the info changes, the link in the next Monthly Thread would point to a new message/thread.)

By the way, why are this threads in BreakPoint? I forget and redetect them once a year. I just subscribed to the RSS of the search for "Monthly Bugs, ".

Greetings,

shb

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 44
(4,649 Views)

@shb wrote:

I like the short rules in the first message of every monthly bug thread. But I have still some questions:

• When should I put a link in a thread? When the bug got a CAR? Or when the bug is confirmed?
  • What is the official state of this thread? Does NI use it?
  • Can I report a bug in the forum and NI will pick it up? Should I tag it with "bug"? 

Maybe a link could be included in the first message of the monthly bug thread. The name could be "About Monthly Thread". It would link to a message telling some basics about this threads. (When the info changes, the link in the next Monthly Thread would point to a new message/thread.)

By the way, why are this threads in BreakPoint? I forget and redetect them once a year. I just subscribed to the RSS of the search for "Monthly Bugs, ".

Greetings,

shb

WHen should we put a link?

After you confirmation from somebody else that they saw the same behaviour. Prior to that it could just be something stupid. example I could not change a value of a control and Dennis pointed out I had disabled it (but not greyed-out). There are enough real bugs that we don't need to "cry wolf" with the non-bugs.

What is the official...?

I have been told that NI support will check every bug linked in our bug threads. If you wathc the posting patterns of the blue-bars just prior to a new release there is a flurry of replies to many of the bugs saying they are fixed in a the next release. Do they cover 100%? I have never done a inventory so i can not answer that.

can I report a bug in the forum...?

Yes they are supposed to do so and if a bug is found also post the CAR that goes with it.

Should I tag?

Not all use tagging. It does help in some searches so it could help. Its your option.

Why in the Breeakpoint?

The traffic is low enough that messages do not scroll off the screen.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 44 of 44
(4,631 Views)