BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite

Okay, this one might be a little controversial. 

My offtopic question is regarding the NI Engineering (in?)competence

We all know that the HW and LabVIEW G people mostly are pretty godly elite, with mostly only minor screwups from time to time.

Can the same be said about the Appliction Builder, specially, and addon team(s)?

That POS (AB specially) have caused me some serious rages and fits over the years.

Any daring thoughts? Smiley Tongue

Br,

/Roger

Message 1 of 18
(9,937 Views)

Most of my heart-stopping events have been while building applications, but I won't go so far as to blame the AB itself all the time. I cause most of my own trouble, usually when I don't follow "best practices" and don't build my application daily. Far fewer headaches if I stay on top of things and only have to track down one problem at a time.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 2 of 18
(9,910 Views)

Sorry offtopic, but when seeing the title - was expecting to read stories of the glorious space battles and dangers of the interstellar trading...

Message 3 of 18
(9,899 Views)

@Cerati wrote:

Sorry offtopic, but when seeing the title - was expecting to read stories of the glorious space battles and dangers of the interstellar trading...

For all youngsters. Here's the wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(video_game)

Br,

/Roger

Message 4 of 18
(9,895 Views)

Ooh the memories, the sweet sweet memories.

Blue danube all the way.....

Shane

@User002 wrote:

@Cerati wrote:

For all youngsters. Here's the wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(video_game)

Br,

/Roger

Message 5 of 18
(9,880 Views)

Well, I don't have any problems with the application builder. It works perfectly for me... 😄

From looking at your other posts, it seems like most of your problems are related to RT, which I don't (yet) use. Also, remember that you can speed up the builds if you don't delete the cache or select "clean" from the right-click menu. In a big project, it is unlikely that everything needs to be redone from scratch.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(9,859 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Well, I don't have any problems with the application builder. It works perfectly for me... 😄

From looking at your other posts, it seems like most of your problems are related to RT, which I don't (yet) use. Also, remember that you can speed up the builds if you don't delete the cache or select "clean" from the right-click menu. In a big project, it is unlikely that everything needs to be redone from scratch.

I recall back in the day when LVOOP was new and I tried the AB on some classes with inheritance, it didn't exactly go too well with overridden methods.

Even the usually proud NI folks looked a little embarrassed back then. It's mostly forgotten now, though, and pride is restored. Smiley Tongue

If they would just speed it up and add some more verbose error messages and debug down the most odd AB build error issues and bugs.

6h+ for a build (that also happen to error out) from scratch on a RT target is a bit too much, I think we can agree on that?

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(9,852 Views)

Okay, here's one.

The NI SW test team(s) seem to be in desperate need of competent workers.

I mean, after all, NI pushes testsystems, but fail to test their own stuff? Why?

It's truly baffling! just bloody install teststand and start to write tests.

How hard can that be?

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(9,845 Views)

Are you looking for a job?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(9,842 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Are you looking for a job?