BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum etiquit

@LV_Pro wrote:

What do you mean subjects that "fall flat"?

Have you ever been in an anechoic chamber?

You talk and it seems like the sound goes off into a black hole.

Cue the crickets.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 31
(12,468 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@LV_Pro wrote:

What do you mean subjects that "fall flat"?

Have you ever been in an anechoic chamber?

You talk and it seems like the sound goes off into a black hole.

Cue the crickets.

Ben

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 12 of 31
(12,465 Views)

I would give you a Kudo Jeff but that would only encourage you. And YOU do not need any encouragement. Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 31
(12,460 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I would give you a Kudo Jeff but that would only encourage you. And YOU do not need any encouragement. Smiley Wink

Ben

With 433 and counting- I can live without that kudos

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 31
(12,455 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Are there more?

Add religion.

Many of these topics seem to thrive best in more polarized places where self amplifying echoes propagate forever. There are plenty of places on the internet for that.

The NI forums is centered around STEM and I tend to think that we are positioned slightly away from the low end of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Most of us have learned that engaging in controversial topics typically leads nowhere. The world is not a one-bit binary system, and sometimes having no opinion on a subject is a reasonable option.

I am happy to engage in any discussion that is evidence based and data driven and avoid conspiracy theories from the fringe corners of the internet. 😄

Message 15 of 31
(12,450 Views)

Define "Fringe corners"? 😉    This corner has some "fake news", for gosh sakes, 1 - 1 doesn't always equal 0!!!  

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 31
(12,444 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

for gosh sakes, 1 - 1 doesn't always equal 0!!!  

I would DBL down on that. 😄

Message 17 of 31
(12,442 Views)

altenbach wrote: The world is not a one-bit binary system

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 18 of 31
(12,437 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

[...] and I tend to think that we are positioned slightly away from the low end of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Doesn't that theory predict that we'd think that?

I often see someone acting like a fool and think it's a shame that they don't recognize how silly they look.  Then I think of all the people that are tons smarter & more successful than I am (most of you on this forum) and wonder how often the same is thought of me. 😄

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 19 of 31
(12,421 Views)

For those who are relatively new to LabVIEW, the thought balloon of the Boolean character is showing an old style Boolean constant, before NI changed them at Altenbach's suggestion to the current style, called an "Altenbach Boolean"!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31
(12,409 Views)