BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum etiquit

@LV_Pro wrote:

For those who are relatively new to LabVIEW, the thought balloon of the Boolean character is showing an old style Boolean constant, before NI changed them at Altenbach's suggestion to the current style, called an "Altenbach Boolean"!

As if I have not been silly enough and showing my lack of knowledge of German...

Wouldn't that be "Altenboolean" ?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(11,696 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@LV_Pro wrote:

For those who are relatively new to LabVIEW, the thought balloon of the Boolean character is showing an old style Boolean constant, before NI changed them at Altenbach's suggestion to the current style, called an "Altenbach Boolean"!

As if I have not been silly enough and showing my lack of knowledge of German...

Wouldn't that be "Altenboolean" ?

Ben

Well, not quite... the german alt translate to old .. so since the Altenboolean is not the Old-Boolean ... infact it's the new one ...  not the best choice 😉 😄 

Back to the first question:  I have seen request for users in other forums ... so a thread "Haven't seen $User for long time" 

just show that $User is missed ...  a compliment!

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 22 of 31
(11,672 Views)

Many of these topics seem to thrive best in more polarized places where self amplifying echoes propagate forever. There are plenty of places on the internet for that.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(11,601 Views)

@myrobostation wrote:

Many of these topics seem to thrive best in more polarized places where self amplifying echoes propagate forever. There are plenty of places on the internet for that.

I beg to differ.

I like the well behaved nature of the contributors here. Hard to fine such a nice mix of people. Smart creative, funny people with a wide spectrum of outlooks on life and the world.

As such they also have an influence on those around them to varying degrees. I suspect that many are looked to for answers outside the four sides of a video screen.

Engaging in thoughtful exchange in this small group can ripple out and have an effect far beyond what any of can do talking with those we meet in person.

We do not have to agree. The exchange of ideas alone is what makes us better.

Just my 2 cents,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 24 of 31
(11,584 Views)

@myrobostation wrote:

Don't quote posts by others verbatim without attribution. Bad form and bad forum etiquette!

(So far @myrobostation seem completely offtopic and out of context. Is there any problem you need solved or are you just trying to increase your post count?)

Message 25 of 31
(11,567 Views)

There is something suspicious about this user.  I'm going to notify the moderator about another post.

Compare

Re: subtracting and comparing array elements

with

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1235033/java-comparing-two-string-arrays-and-removing-elements-th...

Message 26 of 31
(11,532 Views)

Whatever is "proper etiquette" for those left behind, I don't know.  I do know, however, that some of us hang on every word that some of you say and get very upset when one of our favorites disappears.  So, please, say "goodbye" before you go.  You never know, you might be one of our favorites.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 27 of 31
(11,526 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

Whatever is "proper etiquette" for those left behind, I don't know.  I do know, however, that some of us hang on every word that some of you say and get very upset when one of our favorites disappears.  So, please, say "goodbye" before you go.  You never know, you might be one of our favorites.

I agree, and with many of us that work in semi-isolation, this group has become our friends as well, so an abrupt disappearance is distressing. Why are there newspapers piling up at our neighbor's? Did they go out of town without remembering to cancel delivery or ...?    It makes me think that I need to have a private instructional letter somewhere with instructions, accounts, passwords, etc., cause you just never know. Even when I was at a big "real employer" as opposed to my own little company, or at a contract, no one would have probably thought to try and let the forum know if there was a "life event" preventing me from participating.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 28 of 31
(11,520 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

It makes me think that I need to have a private instructional letter somewhere with instructions, accounts, passwords, etc., cause you just never know.

I've thought of doing something as simple as writing an email (containing passwords & such that my family would need) with a delayed delivery date.  Then, right before the email was set to deliver, I'd push the date out.  If I die, the date will arrive and the email will send.  If I forget, my family gets a scare and I have to change my password scheme.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 29 of 31
(11,507 Views)

What email do you use with a delayed delivery option? Sort of like in the movies where the guy says to those threatening him that he has all of the evidence in an envelope, to be mailed to the newspapers if he isn't heard from.

It is morbid, but in this day of instant communications (gratification?) when someone stops communicating as often as before you worry, or get angry (what did I say to them?). But, in my case, I have seen way too many friends/acquaintances names in the paper.  I check it daily to make sure I am not in there.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 30 of 31
(11,504 Views)