BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Partner Program rejection

So, apparently passing the CLD exam, having customer purchase orders in hand for doing LabVIEW development work for NI hardware customers, and having 15 years of LabVIEW application development experience is not sufficient to be accepted into the NI Partner network. I believe I meet the requirements, but today I got the rejection letter from the NI Partner Program that they don't think I would be a good fit.

Am I stuck paying the full LabVIEW license fees north of $4,300/year to develop cRIO applications for these customers instead of the paying for the reduced rate for the NI Partner Software license? Sure, I can pass the additional costs on to the customer, but isn't this exactly what the Partner program is supposed to be for?

Any suggestions for how to move forward, because this rejection is costing a fair amount of $$$.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(358 Views)

Sorry in advance, not too helpful.

AFAIK, NI started mentioned years ago (pre-corona) they really want partners to be >7 (5?) people companies.

You can still buy a perpetual license. Last I heard (recently) NI is working on making that option more obvious.

It's still top $$ and doing 'partner work' you probably want all recent versions...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(328 Views)

If they indeed want partners to be companies with 5+ people, that would have been nice to know before I paid $300 to take the CLD exam. I think the only perpetual license at this point is the Debug and Deploy license, which has limited functionality.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(302 Views)

@dfmb wrote:

If they indeed want partners to be companies with 5+ people, that would have been nice to know before I paid $300 to take the CLD exam. I think the only perpetual license at this point is the Debug and Deploy license, which has limited functionality.

From what I know, atm it's hard (impossible) to see that the normal license is available as perpetual license, and there's no way to order it online. You might even find the right channels to get one. But I've heard some succeed and NI is working on making it a normal option. You might have to ask the right person at NI, or all persons you know at NI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(291 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@dfmb wrote:

From what I know, atm it's hard (impossible) to see that the normal license is available as perpetual license, and there's no way to order it online. You might even find the right channels to get one. But I've heard some succeed and NI is working on making it a normal option. You might have to ask the right person at NI, or all persons you know at NI.

I was just reading this thread and did a Google search and it came up with this link  https://www.ni.com/en/shop/labview/select-edition.html 

Near the bottom of the page is a section "LabVIEW Perpetual Development Licenses Available by Request" and a request quote button.

That will take you to this page: https://www.ni.com/en/forms/perpetual-software-licenses-labview.html 

I put in for a quote to see what they say.

Message 5 of 9
(150 Views)

First reply from NI for the perpetual license quote:

Let's talk about this, can we set up a 30 minute phone call to discuss?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(108 Views)

I feared that they'd want to understand why you want a perpetual license.  If it's because of some regulatory requirement, maybe that's OK.  If it's so you don't have to buy into the subscription, that's another story!

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(80 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

I feared that they'd want to understand why you want a perpetual license.  If it's because of some regulatory requirement, maybe that's OK.  If it's so you don't have to buy into the subscription, that's another story!

I replied saying I just need the quote for now and will reach out if I have any questions.  I figure it is a tactic to try and talk you out of the perpetual license.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(57 Views)

@_Bryan wrote:

@jcarmody wrote:

I replied saying I just need the quote for now and will reach out if I have any questions.  I figure it is a tactic to try and talk you out of the perpetual license.

NI\Emerson might actually have a genuine interest in the reasons customers prefer a perpetual license.

A subscription will provide more income (for R&D of course) on paper, but not if they loose customers over it.

I can imagine in a big corporation it takes data to pursue management to change direction. This could be a way to get such data.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(40 Views)