BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@alfa1 wrote:

The Terrorism of people at animal level

I calculated 98% of people are animal level. They elect animal level politicians and from here start [...]

"animal level" should be hyphenated when using it as an adjective.  Ex. animal-level forum pests begin with a useless theory and start...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 71 of 2,258
(15,716 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

@alfa1 wrote:

I calculated 98% of people are animal level. They elect animal level politicians and from here start [...]

"animal level" should be hyphenated when using it as an adjective.  Ex. animal-level forum pests begin with a useless theory and start...

I should have hyphenated "forum-pests" as well.  😞

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 72 of 2,258
(15,704 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

@jcarmody wrote:

@alfa1 wrote:

I should have hyphenated "forum-pests" as well.  😞

Someone's wave function just collapsed in a hilarious way.

That's the beautiful thing about probability; Iiiiiironyyyyyyy is always possible.

(since that Family Guy episode, I am compelled to say irony that way)

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 2,258
(15,684 Views)

Transylvianian particle mares, huh?  Bring it. Cat Happy

Beautiful saturday afternoon to throw some lead around.  Thoughts of dinner at Hooters were dashed when they wanted a $10 cover charge for cinco-de-drinko fight night on TV.  Had to settle for buffalo wild wings instead.

Message 74 of 2,258
(15,661 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:

Transylvianian particle mares, huh?  Bring it. Cat Happy

Beautiful saturday afternoon to throw some lead around.  Thoughts of dinner at Hooters were dashed when they wanted a $10 cover charge for cinco-de-drinko fight night on TV.  Had to settle for buffalo wild wings instead.

Oh boy a test!

I have been studying fire arms a lot lately to the extent I would like to try and embaress myself by guessing...

Is that an AR-15?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 75 of 2,258
(15,657 Views)

Smiley Happy

Rock River Arms 5.56 .223 AR-15.

Sidearm's a Springfield XD40 compact.

You shoot?

Message 76 of 2,258
(15,701 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:

Smiley Happy

Rock River Arms 5.56 .223 AR-15.

Sidearm's a Springfield XD40 compact.

You shoot?

I would like to say otherwise but at the moment no.

I had never had guns in my house (I was raising a rather rambucious son and it was handy to answer the question "Do you have any guns in the house?" when I had to call in the police to gt him to go to school) but things have changed and I am working up to shooting.

I own weapons and ammo and have recently joined the local gun club (13 mins from my house they have a fracking well on the grounds) and started (three weeks ago) stoping in everyday on the way home to see how the experienced people handle weapons. in the porcess I learned I don't have what I need to shoot! i told my wife "I don't even own a target!". Add to that things like a spotting scope, ear protection etc. So i have a shopping cart from Cheaper Than Dirt I am about to order-up so I can actually shoot.

my Father was a marksman when he was in the service and my uncle shot competitive handguns so I may have the required genes. The Navy qualified me on my first attempt so maybe I can acquire the skill my father and uncle had with time.

in the interest of getting good at shooting I have learned that SKS's and AK-47's are nota good choice for refining my skills so I am going to have to acquire probably a bolt action rifle and maybe a single action revolver... whn my wife find the money in the budget.

So sadly no, but give me a little time.

When reading Lyman's reloading manual I learned that decents marksmen can put five bullets within a 1/2 inch at 100 yards. if i can do five with two inches, I'll call it an accomplishment.

Done rambling...

A marksmanwannabe,

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 77 of 2,258
(15,689 Views)

🙂

I shot on the rifle team for a while in college.  That's a whole different ballgame than the spray-and-pray technique a lot of people use when they first get into shooting.  Open peep sights on smallbore and air rifles, take your time to line up the shot and feel the pulse of every muscle in your body.  You'll think you're doing great till you go to a match and get owned by a 10 year old who's been shooting since he could pull the trigger. Smiley Very Happy

Never did much big-game hunting, bunch of buddies are into it though.  Most of what I do anymore is defense and varmint control.  Buddy in college is family-friends with the owners of a very large cattle ranch near Encampment, which is about 90mins west of UWyo in Laramie.  Load up on ammo before leaving town, find a field and fire off one side of the truck till p-dogs stop popping up, then move to the other side of the truck.  A 17HMR does a real good job on a gopher at 20yds... certainly my caliber of choice for that application Smiley Tongue

Message 78 of 2,258
(15,683 Views)

We had a rifle team in my High School, was very successful, lost against the Annapolis Team, a collegiate military team. We said it was that our captain, a woman, wasn't allowed to dine in the main mess hall (it was before the US Academys were coeducational!). Some of our team had their own rifles (we shot expensive European 22 cal target rifles), brought them to school for practice days. Image bringing a rifle to High School these days!, The range was in the basement of the wing that had the "manual arts" classes, like electronics, auto repair, machine shop, was right under the driver's ed class room.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 79 of 2,258
(15,677 Views)

Did I mention that this High School was in a very upscale suburb of Washington, D.C., only about 3 miles from the Maryland/DC border?

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 80 of 2,258
(15,676 Views)