BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Navy Railgun (uses LabVIEW)

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

"Speed destroys" Love it!

Actually I though it was the instant deceleration that was the destructive part!

-AK2DM

It depends on how long you have to think about it. After about 10 seconds or so after you reach terminal velocity...

On a related note;

Jules Vernes' "From th Earth to the Moon and Back Again" used a giant cannon to escape gravity. I'd suspect the acceleration would kill them.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(8,005 Views)

what if it's a giant cannon on a treadmill... Cat Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(7,984 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I wonder how the diagram looks like. 😉

I'd like to see what's in the other tabs too.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(7,979 Views)

Ben wrote:

On a related note;

Jules Vernes' "From th Earth to the Moon and Back Again" used a giant cannon to escape gravity. I'd suspect the acceleration would kill them.

Have you never heard of Gerald Bull. Build it big enough and you can reduce the acceleration.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(7,939 Views)

@Robert Cole wrote:

Have you never heard of Gerald Bull. Build it big enough and you can reduce the acceleration.

Rob

I did not recognize the name but recall the story. What a wild ride that would be. The biggest guns I have seen first hand were the Automic Annie and the Anzio guns. Both are on display at the national armory. THe tire were flat on Automic Annie. THe Anzio gun it turns out was a part my buddies history. His father had been on the beach when the gun was used.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(7,936 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I did not recognize the name but recall the story. What a wild ride that would be. The biggest guns I have seen first hand were the Automic Annie and the Anzio guns. Both are on display at the national armory. THe tire were flat on Automic Annie. THe Anzio gun it turns out was a part my buddies history. His father had been on the beach when the gun was used.

Ben

My brother first told me about Gerald Bull. At the time, my brother was involved in a project to design armor piercing rockets and they used Gerald Bull's cross-border range for testing using one of the big cannons.

The space gun is an interesting idea, though.

Rob

Message 16 of 16
(7,930 Views)