CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSLUG June 2023

Hi All,

I'm still working on confirm a date and venue for June but we will be aiming for a Tuesday in the second half of June typically.

I wanted to start this here so if you already had interest in presenting you can reach out. I'll update this thread with more details as I have them.

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(1,775 Views)

Many thanks to Sarah and STFC we have a venue for June.

We will be meeting at Rutherford Appleton Labs on Wednesday 28th June in a conference room near the visitor centre (details to follow!)

I'll get some sign up pages up soon but in the meantime mark your diaries and let me know if you have something you would like to present.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(1,695 Views)

Registration links are up!

In Person: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cslug-june-2023-in-person-tickets-643660163877

Remote: https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/91823fb3-4e85-4bd4-8578-c9207845c1a2@7366c578-54dd-4be0-bcd...

I'm still looking for speakers so let me know if you have something you want to share.

Cheers,
James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(1,665 Views)

Hey James the link on eventbrite says its today.... may want to double checkit....  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(1,662 Views)

Its only the remote version that is wrong.... 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(1,660 Views)

We're playing with using hdf5 as a data storage format for our new ultrasound measurement software... I could probably throw some bits together on where its good and bad so far, why we've chosen to give it a go and I'd be very interested to hear if anyone else has used it "in anger"...

Cheers

Paul

Message 6 of 27
(1,648 Views)

I've used HDF5 for an American job, they worked OK and were pretty sensible in their design.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(1,642 Views)

Did you use one of the toolkits for it on VIPM? If so, which? We're having a few "teething issues" using it so far!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(1,639 Views)

Yes would love that Paul. It's something that comes up from time to time but never got my hands dirty with it

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(1,631 Views)

HDF5... So many lost opportunities. I used it around 2002 as a very fast file storage for the NI-Scope Soft Front Panel. Used LabVIEW calls to the C routines. Passing 64-bit numbers was fun, since LabVIEW did not support 64-bit integers to C calls at the time. I really liked it. If you search the forums, you can probably find my original code. I posted it as one way to crack the 2GB file size limit we had at the time (there were others, which I also posted on). This would have been posted under my DFGray alias. I have since used it for multiple other projects. Still like it. There is no other binary file format that comes close to its combination of speed and features.

the entity formerly known as DFGray
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(1,625 Views)