Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATM Sample exam doubt.

Hello All,

I have doubt on the ATM Sample exam in errror handler. Can you please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

As the way error handling is being implemented in the ATM (QMH) even if the error comes and display the error to the user and suppose the error handler is being waiting for user input like clear or cont. with error..

Application is being waiting for user interaction to clear error or cont. Even in this waiting time also controller is running contiously..Idlely controller stop(halt) and wait for user to clear or cont..

Is this understanding is correct or i have understood something wrong.

Can you please help me regarding the above.

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,203 Views)

For the CLD I think it is fine to have an error halt the application until it is acknowledged by the user.  The CLD is meant to show a level of technical expertise and understanding of LabVIEW, not make a bullet proof appliation that has no flaws.

The CLA on the other hand should have some kind of central error handler (module/Actor) and all errors in other modules should be sent there so they can be logged, monitored, and an asynchronous dialog can be seen allowing the rest of the application to handle the error and continue if possible.  Not all of this needs to be flushed out during the CLA, but a central error handler should be made so these changes could be made by another developer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,177 Views)

Thanks Hooovahh for your reply,

Also I have seen ATM and Elevator, in both sample paper in the  terminate state we are stopping the application why is it so?? as stopping a application in terminate state is not stated in requirements..

thanks in advance

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,149 Views)

I think this one might just be a developer preference.  I looked over an example exam and I didn't see anything specifying what to do on exit so you might be right.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,140 Views)