Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD practice exam review

Hi all this is my first attempt at the security system CLD practice exam. Would like some feedback on my solution please i have my exam booked for beginning of Feb. All comments to improve my solution are welcome.

Thanks

Craig

Certified LabVIEW Developer
First Class Beng Hons Electronics
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,763 Views)

Hi Craig,

will you upload it as LV2012 version?

-Csaba

Best regards,

CsabaF
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(9,759 Views)

As Requested. Saved in LabVIEW 12.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,754 Views)

I have a rather old description of this practice exam, but I hope we use the same version.

Your solution looks ok for me, I tried the functionality and it works as it should. On the real exam I would not spend time on implementing an error handler subVI, which is not requested. I think we should concentrate on realising the described functionality.

I plan to do my CLD in February/March, it was good to see your solution. Now I try to go through the core 3 material, but after that I will spam the forum with my own practice trials. 🙂

Best regards,

CsabaF
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(9,749 Views)

Generally not bad!  Now I'll pick on you a bit.

Panel sizing:  Really, its annoying to have really really big panels with lots of on-screen white-space.  Especially when you open them on a system with a single smaller monitor.  The VI Analizer has a test for that.  Make it happy.  Its only a style point but its a point off your exam.

"Code it once:"  in both loops you have identical code in multiple cases.  That should tell you you did something wrong.  How could you re-write those cases to combine them?  (HINT: in the event loop you even USE the Crtl Ref node!)

Your type def bool arrays did not make it into the project.  That is a good way to get broken arrows on code that you thought would work.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 7
(9,740 Views)

This is my attempt at the ATM, would appreciate any feedback.

I found this one really hard so didn't manage to complete the functionality, the vi that controls the deposit withdraw or fast cash was tested and worked, but i didnt get chance to implement them in the main vi.

Cheers

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(9,724 Views)

Jeff once again thanks for reply. I take onboard your comment regarding duplication of code! I could quite easily have reduced the event structure to a single case that minitores all off the swtiches, and then based on the CTRL REF called the correct state! Also the white space is something i need to work on i have a habbit of making the area large so i dont cram in the code. The type def Bool array i am uncertain on, i cant find it and didnt realise i made a type def bool array. Can you tell me the label of the control you are reffering to please jeff?

I am currently bombarding you with my solutions for all of the practice exams so thanks for all your help!

however the ATM example really is not that great!

Cheers

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(9,721 Views)