Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLDR Exam 2, Question 3

Solved!
Go to solution

AldhairGarza_0-1709849489645.png

Hi there,

I cant seem to understand why b is the answer, could anybody share their thoughts? 

AldhairGarza_1-1709849603932.png

For question 4, it says b. But only one "value change" event ocurrs, there are two possible events, mouse down and mouse up, but those are not value change events, am i right?

So answer should be D.

AldhairGarza_2-1709849733435.png

Question 11,  i would say d and a are the same, sure in a) they are forced to be sequential, but the question does not mention that.. Is that right? Solution says a)

I appreciate your time.

Thanks.

=======
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@LV_Lab

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(403 Views)

@AldhairGarza wrote:

AldhairGarza_1-1709849603932.png

For question 4, it says b. But only one "value change" event ocurrs, there are two possible events, mouse down and mouse up, but those are not value change events, am i right?

So answer should be D.

I guess you did not really set the mechanical action to "latch until released" when testing? (One of the more unusual settings)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(374 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AldhairGarza

I did a test for 'Latch Until Released' and I am surprised that the 'NewVal' is TRUE for both 'Value Change' events.

I would expect the first value to be TRUE and the second to be FALSE.

Is this expected behavior? Did I do something wrong?

Latch Until Released.png

Message 3 of 8
(369 Views)

@UliB wrote:

Is this expected behavior? Did I do something wrong?

I guess that's the way it is and I am sure there is a good explanation. You get the same value when tapping into the terminal directly:

altenbach_1-1709911620883.png

@UliB wrote:

I did a test for 'Latch Until Released' and I am surprised that the 'NewVal' is TRUE for both 'Value Change' events.

Not exactly true. IF(!) the default value of the boolean is TRUE, You get FALSE on both. (Latch action got from the default to non-default back to default, no necessarily from FALSE to TRUE). 😄

(Can you explain why your snippet says LV18.0, but it is actually in LV22.3?)

Message 4 of 8
(360 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

(Can you explain why your snippet says LV18.0, but it is actually in LV22.3?)

I'm using Code Capture Tool from LavaG. In the Snippet Configuration there is LV Version 18 selected. The selected version information goes in the header.

I expected the tool to save the snippet in the selected version, but I don't know why the Snippet is not saved in that version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(355 Views)
Solution

@AldhairGarza wrote:

AldhairGarza_0-1709849489645.png

Hi there,

I cant seem to understand why b is the answer, could anybody share their thoughts? 

Producer/Consumer uses a Queue to pass data from one loop to the other.  Due to the nature of the Queue, every element will be processed.

A Master/Slave, on the other hand, uses a Notifier to pass the data.  Due to the nature of the Notifier, only the last element that has sent will be processed.  This meets the requirement of "most recent acquired data".

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 8
(343 Views)
Solution

@AldhairGarza wrote:

AldhairGarza_2-1709849733435.png

Question 11,  i would say d and a are the same, sure in a) they are forced to be sequential, but the question does not mention that.. Is that right? Solution says a)

This is one of those where you must choose the "best" answer.  A proper shut down order does help reliability.  So in this case, A is the "best" answer.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 8
(339 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:
A proper shut down order does help reliability.  So in this case, A is the "best" answer.

Wow, this is ancient code, just look at the boolean constants and the no longer existing "Merge errors". 😄 This hasn't been touched in 15 years and really should be updated. Current users don't even recognize some of these primitives!

The problem description seems incomplete, because it is not necessarily obvious in what order things need to occur or if it even matters. The globals might not even be read elsewhere in the same order as written! It is probably reasonable to pull the "power" last, but there are no guarantees unless we look at the code that reads these globals. Then we have that completely pointless "clear errors" in A. Oh well, good enough for a Friday chuckle. 😄

In any case, one part of the question is not about the correctness of the code, but about which code will report all errors. I hate to tell you this, but none of the four code option will report all errors! Once you merge, you only get the first one! Same if you line them up as in C. (Since I never use globals, I still assume that they no longer write if there is an incoming error, so C might not shut down everything, but I have not tested that)

altenbach_0-1709927613522.png

Message 8 of 8
(327 Views)