Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certification Questions

Edit: Nevermind. I found most of the answers I needed. All I have left is:

1) Are the certifications themselves worth pursuing, or is simply taking the class enough?

2) Can I sign up for the CLA class without having CLD certification? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,769 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

1) Are the certifications themselves worth pursuing, or is simply taking the class enough?

2) Can I sign up for the CLA class without having CLD certification? 

1) Yes.  Let's just say that my former company was using my CLA as a selling point.  It easily got me my current job.  It sets you apart from the regular LabVIEW guy.

2) I would guess you could, but why would you?  You can't take the CLA without the CLD, so why bother taking the CLA prep class when you don't have the CLD?  And don't just assume you'll pass the CLD.  It is not exactly an easy test.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,759 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

2) I would guess you could, but why would you?  You can't take the CLA without the CLD, so why bother taking the CLA prep class when you don't have the CLD?  And don't just assume you'll pass the CLD.  It is not exactly an easy test.

Question 2 sort of related to question 1.  I want the knowledge, and if the certification wasn't worth pursuing why bother getting it before taking the class? 🙂

As for the CLD, I have been programming in LV for ~6 years, and put real effort in to following "best practices" over the last 2.  (The LV forums have helped me there a huge amount). Based on the practice exams, I had assumed I could pass... is there something I'm missing? $300 is a lot to waste.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,754 Views)

BowenM wrote:

As for the CLD, I have been programming in LV for ~6 years, and put real effort in to following "best practices" over the last 2.  (The LV forums have helped me there a huge amount). Based on the practice exams, I had assumed I could pass... is there something I'm missing? $300 is a lot to waste.

I'm just saying not to count your chickens before they hatch.  Get the CLD, then start planning for the CLA.  The CLD is a decently hard test.  It really does mean something if you pass.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 6
(5,743 Views)

Is there a CLA prep class like for the CLD? I cant find one.  If not, it would be great to have one.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,715 Views)

I don't know about an official prep course.  But there are meetings about it every so often.  Talk with your local NI representative to get hooked up.  I had one with a few guys from all over the place and a guy from NI over a teleconference.  It was somewhat informative.

Supposedly, Fabiola De la Cueva has a really good prep course that she made (as far as I could tell just from talking with her).  You might want to have a talk with her.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,711 Views)