Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Attempt at CLAD-Failure

Hello everyone, 

I just wanted to start by saying that these forums have been very helpful for me while preparing for my first CLAD examination. Of course I have a few questions though. 

I just took the CLAD an hour ago and was extremely dissappointed to find I failed by only one question (27/40).  I have actually only been working and teaching myself LabVIEW for 2 weeks and figured it was worth a shot when I passed almost all the sample exams, however the actual test seemed harded then the sample exams in hindsight. I have read 2 books on the subject as well as developed a few of my on programs with DAQ practice and a bunch of examples.

Basically, I was hoping for any advice on how I should go about my next attempt at the CLAD.  Where I should study more (which apparently event structures appeared to be the weakest subject for me) and if you knew of any sites with good problems to tackle with CLAD principles involved. 

Thanks for the insight, 

Kelsey

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,628 Views)

Have you tried The Daily CLAD?  He hasn't done anything for about a year, but there's a bunch of really good questions to make you think.

If you can, take LabVIEW Core I & II.  Almost everything from the CLAD is covered in those two courses.

Other than that, play around as much as you can with LabVIEW.  Experience will teach you a lot more than books.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(6,622 Views)

Write down as much as you can remember about the questions you got wrong and/or weren't sure about.  Those are the topics you should study first.  Then, look at the questions in the sample exams that you didn't get and study those topics.  Part of studying is actually writing the question's code and debugging it so you really know how it works.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,620 Views)

I agree with crossrulz.  Go through all the exercises discussed in the Daily CLAD blog:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/DailyCLAD

If you study and understand these, you will have no problem passing the CLAD.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,492 Views)

Reading the forums and teaching yourself for two weeks.

You missed CLAD certification by a point.

OK, I'm impressed!  without posting a single statement or question to the forums (you must have mad google skills) you missed CLAD by 1 question after two weeks!

(I always said you can learn more here by accident than by intention- you may have just proved it)  Share your journey!  some of those mad skills for learning are atypical and many poeple could benefit

IMHO, ask direct questions.  If you can get that close in two weeks of forum trolling.......imagine what we could teach you if you ask.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,481 Views)

I just took the CLAD an hour ago and was extremely dissappointed to find I failed by only one question (27/40). I have actually only been working and teaching myself LabVIEW for 2 weeks

Wow. I am very sure you are going to nail it in your next attempt. 27/40 with just two weeks of labVIEW is very impressive.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,477 Views)
For me, there's no better practice than playing with LabVIEW. The questions boil down into a number of topics (loops, errors etc) - break down some of the exams into those areas and mess around by making some simple VIs. Use execution highlighting to watch the dataflow and intermediate values in calculations.

But as the others have said, kudos on doing so well after such a short time 🙂
---
CLA
Message 7 of 7
(6,459 Views)