Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to receive CLD Results?

I sat my CLD four weeks ago today. The certification FAQ states that "[y]ou will receive your examination results in the mail approximately within 4 weeks after your examination date".

I get that there's a bit of variance with it, and it's likely to take a while to mark the many code submissions, but I wondered how quickly users tend to receive their results.

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,227 Views)

There are several factors that determine how quickly you get your results.  I remember getting my results at around 3 weeks.  But that was many years ago when there were not a lot of people taking the exam.  There are a lot more people taking them now.  I have also heard that those on the edge of pass or fail will often take a little extra time as they get more people's opinions on the result.  And then there are big events, like NI Week next week, where nothing will get done from NI.

I say give it another 2 weeks.  If you don't get your results by then, send a ping out to the certification team.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,224 Views)

I'm currently working under the assumption that a) it's the summer vacation period in Austin, b) everyone's preparing for NI Week and c) they've been blown away by the sheer ineptitude of what I attempted to do 😉

I sort of assumed, before thinking of any of these, that it would take three weeks-ish to do, as that was my gut feel from talking to a few others who had been through it. The volume argument hadn't really occurred to me though.

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,219 Views)

at 4 wks a pollite inquiry to "certification at ni dot com" is probably warrented.  enclude the test location and proctors name.   (Sometimes the rep got really really busy and forgot to submit the material in a timely manner a ping will resolve any issues with shipping and recieving)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,205 Views)

From what I understand, the exams haven't even been sent off for marking yet, and will be on Friday. I guess they were even busier than we imagined in the run up to NI Week!

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,177 Views)