Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while reading values of counter at PXI 6229 in NI examples

Hello

i had used PXI 6229 to detect pwm as input to bench and i used to go through example of semi-period and while i start to debugg the example i found error on the reading of the buffer

DAQmxErrChk (DAQmxCreateTask("",&taskHandle));
    DAQmxErrChk (DAQmxCreateCISemiPeriodChan(taskHandle,chan,"",min,max,DAQmx_Val_Seconds,""));
    DAQmxErrChk (DAQmxCfgImplicitTiming(taskHandle,DAQmx_Val_FiniteSamps,samplesToRead));
    DAQmxErrChk (DAQmxStartTask(taskHandle));
    DAQmxErrChk (DAQmxReadCounterF64(taskHandle,samplesToRead,10.0,data,samplesToRead,&read,0));

when run the last line the error occures and say

"function "" return value=-200284 some or all of the samples requested have not yet been acquired"

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,542 Views)

my work is blocking due to this error...iam working at valeo and need this help AFSP

the example of semiperiod need to be tested on PXI 6229 because the error i had mentioned before appeared

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,536 Views)

Hello memoking,

Thanks for posting.  The error you are seeing could be caused by several different factors.  This KB explains many of them, but in your case, I will need more information to determine exactly what is causing the error.

What are the timing input parameters that you are using?  What are the number of samples that you read and the timeout of the read?

What are the characteristics of the signal you are measuring?  

Let me know, thanks!

Regards,

Joe S.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,526 Views)

My mistake on the previous post.  This was the link I meant to include.  Apologies!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,524 Views)