Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exprot 100MHz timebase

How can I use Labview to export the 100MHz timebase of the USB-6363 to one of its PFIs for synchronization with a second USB DAQ (e.g. USB-5133)?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,081 Views)

Hi chrisfreu

In the page 8-3 of the X series user manual is a list of all the signals that you can export trough a PFI line, unfortunately the time base is not in the list, but you can actually synchronize two devices using other clock signals here is a link with more information.

X Series User Manual

<link no longer exists>

How to Export the Internal Analog Input Sample Clock

Regards.

Esteban R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,029 Views)

Thanks for your quick response. I would like to work with the 100MHz clock to use the full sampling rate of the NI USB-5133.I checked the routing of the device as suggested in the reference. It looks like the 100MHz clock connects to the Crt0Source, which in turn connects to the PFI8. Is it possible to use this way of outputting the 100MHz clock? I struggle to put the Labview code together to do so.

Best,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,021 Views)

Hi chrisfreu

Well you can actually route the 100MHz clock to the Crt0Source, but in that case the counter will be using that time base. You could try to generate a clock frequency output with that time base but probably it will not be able to generate a 100MHz output. I think that the device might be able to generate a 50MHz signal, but keep in mind that a signal of high frequency will attenuate very fast.

Regards

Esteban R.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,981 Views)

I am trying to synchronize  the 4-CH D-to-As of the USB-6363 with a 4-CH high-speed A-to-D with 100MS/s (from GaGe). The Gage card has both Clck input and outpus as well as Trigger inputs and outputs. My original idea was to output both the 100MHz timebase and start-trigger from the USB-6363 to the Gage card. Now it looks like this is not possible because the 100MHz timebase cannot be exported.

Is it possible to import the 100MHz timebase from the Gage card instead? So instead of deriving all rates from the internal 100MHz oscillator, they would then be derived from a PLL that locks to an external 100MHz signal from the Gage card (e.g. provided through one of the PFIs)? I would still use the tigger export from the USB-6363 to the Gage card to trigger the acquision.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,709 Views)