Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meas buffered semi-period continuous.vi with DAQPad-6020E

Hi,
Does anybody know if it's possible to use the meas buffered semi-period continuous.vi with the DAQPad-6020E?  Or, if it's not, what workarounds might be possible?

LabVIEW responds with Error 200220 (Measurements:  Device identifier is invalid).  I know the hardware is definitely good because I can run other VI's with it.

Thanks,
Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,778 Views)
Dave,

Are you able to make any kind of counter examples run on your device?  There are two counters on your board, are you using any of the counters for something else while running this example?  Do you also get the same error in Measurement and Automation Explorer (Start >> Programs >> National Instruments >> Measurement and Automation Explorer).  You can create a new task and select Acquire Signals >> Counter Input >> Semi Period.  Please let me know if you get the same error in this environment as well.

Also, what is your operating system and what is the DAQmx driver version that you are using?

Thank you and best regards,
Raajit L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,754 Views)

Hi Raajit,

Thanks for the reply.  In the measurement and automation explorer environment, I get the error "no supported devices found."  In fact, I get that error for any DAQmx task that I try to create.  I can make as many traditional NI-DAQ virtual channels as I want, though.  It's like the DAQPad-6020E isn't supported at all by DAQmx.  I am not using the counters for anything else other than attempting to run the buffered semi-period measurement.

I'm using DAQmx 8.5 and Windows XP Professional.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,743 Views)
Dave,

You are right.  The DAQPad 6020E works only with the Traditional DAQ driver as mentioned on the DAQ Troubleshooter website.  This would explain why you are not able to create any tasks in the DAQmx environment.  The example that you are trying to run uses DAQmx, which is why you are seeing the error.  I would recommend using an example that uses Traditional DAQ instead.

Regards,
Raajit L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,737 Views)

Hi Raajit,

Do you know of an example VI that does the buffered semi-period measurement using the traditional DAQ?  I was having problems changing the timebase and getting the functionality to work properly.  I was told it would be much easier if I used DAQmx.  I switched over, but as it turns out, DAQmx is incompatible with my hardware.  So I'm back to where I started.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,726 Views)