Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clock 6533

Hello
I need help. I want to use PCI-6533 to count the time with counter wich is on this card. I do not know how I schould do this 😞 I`m using LabView only one month and I`m green in this subject. It can be easy time counter. Thx for help.
P.S. Sorry for my english 😉
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,218 Views)

Hello sherkan,

I am afraid I do not quite understand what you mean.  The 6533 does not have a counter like Multifunction DAQ devices do.  It can read and write digital signals.  If you just need a general idea when one of your digital lines goes high or low, you could obtain a timestamp from LabVIEW whenever the line changes.   Perhaps if you could give us a better idea of what you are trying to do, we could give a more specific recommendation. 

Regards,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,207 Views)
So generaly I need something to count time with very good precision (when I press start button counting begins when I press stop button counting is over) I herar that I can do this with hardware (this card) but i dont know how 😞 I hope that this time the problem is better lighted ;]
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,194 Views)

Hello sherkan,

Do you have some sort of digital signal that you want to connect to the board and measure time with?  If so, please elaborate on what this signal is.  Or are you just interested in measuring time between your start and stop button pushes, no hardware involved?  If you simply want the time between two button presses, then you do not need hardware and can get a few milliseconds of accuracy from the Windows system clock. 

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,183 Views)