DATA AHEAD toolkit support Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message

XLR8 error.jpg

Hi Peter - I am evaluating XLR8 currently, and get the following error when I execute the "Read Excel file" VI. Any thoughts?

Windows XP SP3

LabVIEW 2012

Multiple versions of .NET installed, including 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1, and 4

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,518 Views)

Can you upload the excel file you are trying to read.

Also the screenshots hides the other xlr8 functions you are using.

Might be a good idea to upload a reduced VI with just the xlr8 functions included.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,763 Views)

Thanks for the reminder - ZIP file attached. I open the file outside a loop, and then access the file inside an event structure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,762 Views)

It would not let me attache the ZIP file to the reply - I have added it as an edit to the original message above.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,762 Views)

Thanks for your zip-file. I could replicate your error.

You made two mistakes in your VI.

1) You excel file only contains columns 0 to 2 (A,B,C). Reading column 3 will yield NaN as a result.

2) You try to read 51 rows of numbers although only 50 rows do exists in your excel file. That leads to the .NET exception.

Thanks for making us aware of that error, we will fix it in the next version of xlr8 (Beta test of xlr8 2.0 are currently under way).

Best regards,

Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,762 Views)

I'm completely lost here - is that what you see when you open the Excel file? Did you open the correct file? My spreadsheet has three columns of data, 50 data points plus a header, for 51 rows total, which is why I index rows 1 through 51. What's going on here? See screenshot of what I see when I open the file

spreadsheet image.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,762 Views)

Yes, I opened your file. But you seem to misunderstand the inputs at "Read Area".

All indices (rows / columns) in xlr8 are zero-based just like any array function in LabVIEW. That's in contrast to excel where rows and columns start at 1.

Hence: Settings start row 1, length 51, start column 3, length 1 tries to read the excel cells D2:D52

For C2:C51 you need start row 1, length 50, start column 2, length 1.

Best regards,

Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,762 Views)

Great catch - I did mess up all the indices. I should go more slowly when trying new packages!    Thanks, Conan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,762 Views)

You're welcome. Please continue with your tests. I hope you like our toolkit.

Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,762 Views)

FYI - just got into the lab to reset the indices and do testing....it works great!! Thanks again for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,762 Views)