DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can DIAdem startup in a Headless mode

Hello Group,

I have a use case that I am wanting to startup DIAdem from command line, and generate some report images then exit DIAdem.   If I do this and open the full DIAdem it takes 25 to 45 seconds (on 2019 SP1) 

Is there a way to startup DIAdem where it starts up more like a DIAdem worker would and therefore would have a much faster startup?

What would be the commands to accomplish this?

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,263 Views)

Hey Paul,

Have you tried accessing DIAdem via ActiveX commands?  You could launch DIAdem once fully and then minimize it, thereafter ActiveX calls would execute nearly instantaneously.

Brad Turpin

Senior Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,060 Views)

Also,

While this may be overkill for your purposes, the SystemLink TDM Analysis module is designed to spawn DIAdem workers on demand with essentially no delay, and it can automatically run any DIAdem VBScripts you can use in the full DIAdem application.

Brad Turpin

Senior Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,056 Views)

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the suggestions!

I like both of them, For this use case the ActiveX one fits better.   Do you have some examples of using this from LabVIEW?

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,039 Views)

Hi Paul,

You can get some clues from the DIAdem Help, but you actually already have example VIs on your hard drive in the following folder:

"...\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2019\vi.lib\ExportToExcel\"

There are more of these "LabVIEW DIAdem Connectivity VIs", but these are the ones that have shipped (secretly) with LabVIEW for many many versions now.  If you like them, you can download the whole set and with some manual file copying create a custom palette for easier coding.  Here is a link to a Discussion Forum that provides download and installation links:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/DIAdem/LabVIEW-diadem-connectivity-toolkit/td-p/1325867

Brad Turpin

Senior Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,016 Views)