DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem Comparing Datasets Across ODS Data Sources

I mainly use Diadem for processing data acquired from Crash tests, but recently have had another department inquire about using Diadem for performing channel comparisons across their data sets

There requirements are to be able to select two data sets (both being ODS datasets from a Santori Server), perform any required timeshift to sync and then compare. Currently this task is being performed via Concerto (from AVL), but we would like to replace this with Diadem, as we wish to role this out to a larger number of staff.

Screen shot of current Concerto solution. Here two data sets are loaded, the groups within each shown, and users can filter to the channel of interest, and perform a comparison.

Onkar_0-1579088498072.png

I can connect Diadem up to the the Santorin Server via AOP5, this allows me to view the test datasets.

I can select multiple data sets:

Onkar_1-1579089257774.png

But when loaded the 2nd data set gets merged into the 1st dataset, with duplicate groups being renamed (having a numeric suffix applied)

1st dataset

Onkar_3-1579089616396.png

2nd dataset has tables merged into the 1st dataset and tables have a numerical suffix appended

Onkar_4-1579089730934.png

This is not ideal, but I have been asked if we can modify this to work as it does in Concerto. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,009 Views)

Hi Onkar,

There is no way to hold separate file nodes in the DIAdem Data Portal at the same time.  The uncomfortable Group merging and renaming that you aptly describe is inescapable, as of DIAdem version 2019 SP1.  Please submit a DIAdemIdeas request or like an existing one to vote for a change in this part of DIAdem.  

www.ni.com/diademideas

Note that you can still filter the Groups/Channels that are visible in the Data Portal, and the ugly suffix added to the Groups of the second file will typically not bother you, since an implicit asterix is always added at the end of your input filter string, as in "FilterString*".

Brad Turpin

Senior Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,881 Views)