DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering out unwanted peaks in a graph using DIAdem

How can I remove/filter out the unwanted peaks shown below.  These are from using a tachometer and the unit under test moves or the tachometer moves.  

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,020 Views)

Hi,

Do you want to do it in script or manually ?

In script, I would use the CTNV function to replace each peak zone with NoValues and then interpolate those NoValues.

Manually, the process would be exactly the same but you would have to replace the peak using the flags in DIAdem VIEW : http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370858M-01/genview/genview/view_flags/

Can you try and tell us if that works fine for you application ?

CLAMaxime -- Kudos are a great way to say thank you
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,008 Views)

Hi DustDevil,

I agree with Maxime!

1. If you wanted to manually select the section of each of the plots you would like to remove, using the Set Flags function with a Band/Frame cursor would allow you to select sections of each plot you wanted to remove.
  2. In SCRIPT, you would use the CTNV function as Maxime suggested. Below are some links on how you would do that.
    How Can I Delete Channel Data Conditionally in DIAdem?
    DIAdem Help, Eliminating Outliers Using NoValues
  3. Depending on what version of DIAdem you have, you could use the Even Search ANALYSIS function (ANALYSIS >> Channel Functions >> Event Search). You can specify a window for an upper and lower limit and replace all values outside of that range with NoValues. This way any calculations you do won’t factor in the outlying values or show them in graphs.
    DIAdem 2017 Help, Event Search
    DIAdem 2017 Help, Searching for Outliers with the ChnEvent Function

Best,

Chris D. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,981 Views)