DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Share Dataplugin and other Files

Solved!
Go to solution

2 computers. 1 network (actually a dropbox folder).

Diadem 2014

Whats the best way to do a setup within Diadem so the 2 computers can share dataplugins and saved view, report, script files?

Th navigator was easy as, just point it to index the data folder.

I just want to make sure I hit all the proper configurations. Sor far, my stumble has been dealing with the Dataplugins.

--Scott

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,519 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sg000

Hi Scott,

If you happen to be using the DataFinder Server, and if you're using only VBScript DataPlugins, then there is a feature to automatically synchronize each connected DIAdem or LabVIEW client's DataPlugins with the up-to-date versions on the DataFinder Server computer.

If you're using DataPlugins obtained from www.ni.com/dataplugins, then you can have a VBScript run at startup to check the local DataPlugin version vs. the up-to-date version at www.ni.com/dataplugins and download the newer version when one is available.

If you're using DataPlugins you've created yourself, then the only thing I can think of is to have a VBScript run at startup that automatically runs the *.uri file(s) each time DIAdem launches, though having your up-to-date DataPlugin on a DropBox share may prevent this option.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 3
(4,497 Views)

Thanks Brad. I think I've figured out yesterday that dataplugin script (ones I made) locations are unique to each one, not necessarily in a central location. And as a result they need to be individually registered. So Once the dataplugin is registered with the program, keeping it up to date seems easy enough by having them in a share folder. Its the registration part thats a bummer. If a new plugin is made, I'll need to individually register it on each install.

(No, not using the server)

Oh well, its not the end of the world.  Thanks for the reply this morning.

--Scott

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,495 Views)