DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing channels into DAC scheme fails

Solved!
Go to solution

(sorry if I get some block names etc. not perfectly right; I'm using the german version of DIAdem, where all the names are translated)

Hello,

I have a DAC scheme that shall read two numerical data channels from the data portal and do some processing on these channels. Reading is done using the packet processing "read data" block; for debugging purposes, I have a packet processing "scope" block connected to this "read data" block. In parallel to the scope block, the data is sent to an external measurement system.

When I put the channels I want to process into the data portal and manually start the measurement (using the green "start measurement" button in DAC's icon bar), the contents of these channels shows up in the scope, the measurement system receives the data correctly, and the DAC scheme runs as expected - so in principle, everything is correct so far.

Now, the whole thing is to be controlled from a VBS script. This VBS script first empties the data portal, then writes my two channnels into the data portal, and finally loads and starts the DAC scheme (call SchemeLoad(...) : call SchemeCheck("Normal") : call MKSCheck(0) : call SchemeMeasStart()). Doing this, the scheme fails, I see no data appearing in the scope window, and the measurement system receives no data at all - just as if no data was ever read from the data portal.

When i wemove the "SchemeMeasStart" command (which currently is the last command in the script), execute the script, and afterwards start the measurement manually using the aforementioned "start measurement" button, everything works fine again.

So it seems I have a problem with accessing the data channels when the DAC scheme is started from a script. To I make any mistake here (e.g., missing some DAC-related script commands)? Or is this a known bug, and does anyone know a workaround for this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,311 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author j.s

Hello,

I created my own example in teachin-mode. Everything was running without problems. The script is not using the MKSCheck command. It seems, that this command is not necessary to run a DAC scheme. When I added the MKSCheck manualy, I got the same problem with the Packet-Blocks.

Since teachin is not using MKSCheck, it is save to just skip this command and your DAC scheme should run as expected.

Ulrich Bierwisch

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,302 Views)

Hello,

and thanks for your reply! I used the MKSCheck command because it appears in the examples that one can find in DIAdem's help for the SchemeMeasStart command. According to the help, first using SchemeCheck and then MKSCheck performs a complete check of the scheme, which I thought is a useful thing.

However, removing MKSCheck from my script makes the whole setup work as expected - and solves my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,296 Views)

Hello,

further investigation has shown, that the purpose of MKScheck is mainly to check a scheme manualy. It makes not much sense to put it in a script before the start because all the checks are done again during the real start.

The help is going to be changed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,287 Views)