DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH Broadcast Error in Generate User Event

Solved!
Go to solution

This is my first attempt to use DQMH for a project.  I created UI and DAQ modules and am prompting the operator to provide a Data File Path in the UI module that I can Broadcast to the DAQ module.  The Generate User Event function in the UI Main VI is generating a Code 1 and I don't see any issue.  I have attached the zipped Project and an image of where the error is generated.  Thanks for any insights you can provide.  I am using DQMH 6, Windows 10, and LV20.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(185 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Instech87

Broadcast events get created after the call to the Init Module.vi. You are calling your broadcast VI before Init Module. Move your broadcast subVI call after Init Module.vi so the broadcast event references are valid.

To be as safe as possible, I'd move that broadcast call into the "Initialize" message of your MHL after the 'Module Did Init' broadcast. A best practice with DQMH is to ensure that 'Module Did Init' is the first broadcast that is fired by a module.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(180 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Instech87

Newbie mistake!  Thanks for the quick response.  Very much appreciated.  BTW:  Your DQMH presentation at the virtual Minneapolis User Group Meeting is where I first came across this framework so thanks again for the opportunity to expand my skillset.  

Message 3 of 3
(171 Views)