DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal file organization in a module?

Can you go into more details on this? What do you mean by "process all my modules"? 

[edit] Oh, I assume you mean the time it takes Panther Dashboard to load all the module info.

Yeap, thats what I was trying to say.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(631 Views)

Let me start off by thanking you for bringing feedback and ideas, and for not being discouraged by some of your feature requests being declined. The consortium really appreciates it!!

DQMH seems to be the most popular third-party framework/template in the LabVIEW ecosystem. Sadly, the consortium has no good way of knowing how many people use DQMH or how many projects are done with DQMH (neither absolute numbers nor percentages), so we cannot share any statistics.

Personally, I do not agree that user-created requests should be separated from user-created ones. I do, however, store any VI that is not created via scripting in a separate location. And I can see that some framework-internal files and file locations could be improved. So we have similar ideas, just different variations 🙂

Spoiler: DQMH 7 will introduce a few new virtual folders, so there is progress. But let me be very clear: The Consortium is *very* cautious when it comes to changing the location or name of files, both on disk and in the project. Any change introduces a real risk of breaking existing code when upgrading to newer versions of the framework. We aim to create fixers for any changes we make to existing code, which takes a lot of work and eats into our limited budget.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Message 12 of 15
(627 Views)

I benchmarked a project I'm currently working on with 19 DQMH modules, these are the results:

Just opening the project, then opening the Panther Dashboard and clicking the scan button:

12 minutes 38 seconds

Opening the project, then running the Main Module which starts all 18 modules, then opening the Panther Dashboard and clicking the scan button:

36 seconds

For me, this trick makes all the difference.

Hope it helps.

Message 13 of 15
(619 Views)

Thats really a trick, cause now my 17 modules got scanned in 20-25 seconds!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(612 Views)

@1984  ha escrito:

Thats really a trick, cause now my 17 modules got scanned in 20-25 seconds!

Glad you test it and thank you for using Panther Dashboard, if you find an issue or do you visualize something to improve this tool please write an issue on the following link:

Panther Dashboard Issues 

This is an open source project for the DQMH and LabVIEW community.

Enrique.

Message 15 of 15
(609 Views)