DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple events to single event case

I have legacy code I am considering refactoring to DQHM, at least for certain parts of it. 

In my current implementation I have four separate graph panes on the front panel. Each of these have a number of identical dedicated graph control buttons.  In my event structure I select each of the four "instances"  in the same  event case, since I can then re-use the associated code by wiring the associated reference into the same vi (I don't use User Events).  Is it also possible/or advisable to register multiple events in the same event case in DQHM?  It works well for me in the current implementation. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(95 Views)

Are you referring to having a single frame of the DQMH Main VI event structure registered for multiple DQMH requests? I haven't seen that pattern before, and I'm concerned that it won't play nicely with certain scripting features like 'Remove Event'.

If I saw multiple requests configured for the same event frame, my first question would be why multiple requests were needed instead of just one.

Message 2 of 3
(85 Views)

You could create a cloneable that contains a graph and buttons, and run it four times embedded in four sub panels. 

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

Message 3 of 3
(79 Views)