Denver - ALARM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting on Thursday at 6:30 in Golden

Just starting a new thread here to make sure it stands out.

I got us a room for Thursday. It's small, so it may be standing room only if a lot of people show up. Officially I think it holds 10. Same size as last meeting we had in Golden (but a different room).

It is 1120 Washington Avenue. It's right across from the Buffalo Rose. The door is just to the right of the capitol grill. The door requires a keycard, so you'll have to text me to have someone let you in. My number is four-one-two-216-8789.

For food, I'll probably get a couple pizzas down the street and a 12 pack of beer. There will be something, but don't expect too much.

For presentations, I'll do one. I've got a few topics in mind (and already prepared) so we can vote on what people want to talk about. Petter will also do one.  Here is a brief description: LabVIEW FPGA Timing of a laser-induced fluorescence instrument for aircraft measurements of nitric oxide.

I realize this all last minute and disorganized, but I feel like we've missed enough meetings we ought to do something.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(1,943 Views)

I'm glad to see this happening again!

My wife had our baby a few weeks earlier than expected  (last Thursday) so I won't be able to attend like I thought (baby is all healthy though).  Hopefully I can make the next ones.

Message 2 of 15
(1,910 Views)

Congratulations!

Sam Taggart
DQMH Trusted Advisor
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(1,905 Views)

I've given it some thought and the presentation I want to give is "Selling your Ideas: The economics of Software Development"

Although if noone who shows up wants to see it  we can always do something else.

Sam Taggart
DQMH Trusted Advisor
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(1,904 Views)

Darn!  I will be in Austin.  Leaving tomorrow.  Will miss you all!  

BTW - there are ideas floating around on spinning up short weekly 1-hour meetings for teams that are onboarding to LabVIEW or need to learn a new LabVIEW topic.  Sam - I know you are for this.  We are also talking about working with Testforce to bring back LabVIEW developer days (I'm talking to William Donovan in PNW and have not spoken to Ron yet) and our friends across the pond are looking into an updated LabVIEW Hands-On style event.  I'll know more after NI Connect 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(1,895 Views)

Sorry, I'm in Seattle and won't make it. Went to the new/re-kickoff of the SLUG (Seattle LabView User Group) meeting with Fresh Consulting and TestForce. Great meeting/location, lots of attendance.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(1,888 Views)

Peter Davis has also volunteered in the other thread to give a presentation to timed loops.

So we'll have 3 potential presentations.

I'll let Peter and Petter go first and if there's time then I'll give mine as well.

There is a change of plans, Peter is going to do his presentation at some later point, so you just get me and Petter.

Sam Taggart
DQMH Trusted Advisor
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(1,863 Views)

I've been very much been thinking about starting some kind of coding dojo thing. Haven't quite figured out the logistics of it all yet.

Sam Taggart
DQMH Trusted Advisor
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(1,861 Views)

I look forward to future meetings, but I have a conflict tomorrow, so I won't be able to attend this one.

Steve

Steve Drouilhet
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(1,839 Views)

It's been a while since I've been to Golden, and this is the first time that Mines is not the destination.  How is the parking in the area?

Thanks,

Les Hammer

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(1,832 Views)