Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VIs on palette

Hi all, i haved installed TPLA and Protection Plus. However, no VIs were displayed on the palette. A check on the folder shows that its already installed. Anyone facing the same problem? How can i resolve this problem?

I'm using windows 7 and LV 2010SP1.

TPLA_prob.png

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,504 Views)

Did you try restarting LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,815 Views)

Yupz, i even restarted my laptop.

Below's an image of the palette

Palette.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,815 Views)

Could you please check the following path? Please let us know if it does not work.

tplat_vi.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,815 Views)

I've seen this issue before and it has to do with loading the palettes.  Could you please provide a screen capture of your \LabVIEW 2010\menus\Categories\Programming\ folder?

Also, do you have the Report Generation 2010 toolkit installed from the SP1 distribution?

Thanks,

-Bob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,815 Views)

Here's the screenshot of "programming" folder and the LV components installed.

Many thanks!

image.png

image2.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,815 Views)

The NI Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit is not listed as an installed product in MAX, but the NI_DETraceTool_Menu.lvlib in your Menus\Categories\Programming folder is from the Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit and is most likely causing the TPLAT palette to not show up on your palette.  Try removing NI_DETraceTool_Menu.lvlib from this directory and refreshing the palettes (by either restarting LabVIEW or running the 'Refresh Palettes' method).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

-Bob

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,815 Views)

Many thanks the issue is resolved!!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,815 Views)

I'm glad to hear it!  You can download a newer version of the Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit to resolve this issue here:

https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview-desktop-execution-trace-t...

-Bob

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,815 Views)

Hi all,

I'm having the same issus (no TPLA palette in LV2010), one difference with j3r3mi is that in my \LabVIEW 2010\menus\Categories\Programming\ folder, there is no "addonlicensing.mnu" file...

Any idea?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,815 Views)